See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

This was supposed to be a Valentine's Day night out: when we arrived there was no one in the office. The wind and air was freezing and in the room we got, the curtains were moving from poorly sealed windows. Bulbs in lights blown heater didn't work, control laying on the floor. Not enough outlets. Moved to another room not as cold, but old windows weren't sealed. Given 2 space heaters, which we plugged in. When we came back from dinner, the circuit had blown, leaving no lights in the bathroom and temp of 58*. Place is a firetrap, no smoke detectors.

We turned around, went home and dropped into bed, too tired for anything. Owner would not give refund. Advice: go to White Deer next door, better, less expensive.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I've passed by the Northwood Motel no fewer than 100 times over the years as I drove on U.S. route 15 for one reason or another, but I never had the occasion to stay there. So on a leisure trip last month, I made it a point to see what this little family-owned motel was all about. I'm glad I stopped, and I will happily stay there again!
Don't be fooled into thinking that because route 15 is a major north-south road, you will have trouble sleeping. Quite the opposite. The hotel is situated far enough from the street that noise is not a problem. My room was quite spacious, and although I didn't need them, had a microwave and a small refrigerator. Not bad for less than $50, tax included.
The next time you are in the Williamsport area, save yourself some cash and bypass all the chain hotels, and spend a night at the Northwood Motel. You won't be disappointed. I sure wasn't!

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Jason W
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I stayed here in august for work in nearby Muncy Valley. It wasn't the closest place to where I was working but they offered a better rate. It is an older worn down motel that needs some TLC. It was not filthy or infested but not what most people would consider as a first option either. It would have suited our needs but shortly after we moved in, the owners started to play the rate game. If I'm staying long term I will not abide by meaningless rate hikes especially when the place is vacant. We left to a much nicer and in the long run, cheaper hotel nearby.

Date of stay: September 2012