“dirty motel”

Northwood Motel
Northwood Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 31 May 2016

The motel is dirty and had a thousand bugs on the ceiling light and some dead ones on the bed. Bathroom was horrible. My wife wouldn't go in the room and sat outside until we could get a ride to another place to stay. They would not give us a credit for the room we didn't use.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

This was supposed to be a Valentine's Day night out: when we arrived there was no one in the office. The wind and air was freezing and in the room we got, the curtains were moving from poorly sealed windows. Bulbs in lights blown heater didn't work, control laying on the floor. Not enough outlets. Moved to another room not as cold, but old windows weren't sealed. Given 2 space heaters, which we plugged in. When we came back from dinner, the circuit had blown, leaving no lights in the bathroom and temp of 58*. Place is a firetrap, no smoke detectors.

We turned around, went home and dropped into bed, too tired for anything. Owner would not give refund. Advice: go to White Deer next door, better, less expensive.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I've passed by the Northwood Motel no fewer than 100 times over the years as I drove on U.S. route 15 for one reason or another, but I never had the occasion to stay there. So on a leisure trip last month, I made it a point to see what this little family-owned motel was all about. I'm glad I stopped, and I will happily stay there again!
Don't be fooled into thinking that because route 15 is a major north-south road, you will have trouble sleeping. Quite the opposite. The hotel is situated far enough from the street that noise is not a problem. My room was quite spacious, and although I didn't need them, had a microwave and a small refrigerator. Not bad for less than $50, tax included.
The next time you are in the Williamsport area, save yourself some cash and bypass all the chain hotels, and spend a night at the Northwood Motel. You won't be disappointed. I sure wasn't!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Jason W
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I stayed here in august for work in nearby Muncy Valley. It wasn't the closest place to where I was working but they offered a better rate. It is an older worn down motel that needs some TLC. It was not filthy or infested but not what most people would consider as a first option either. It would have suited our needs but shortly after we moved in, the owners started to play the rate game. If I'm staying long term I will not abide by meaningless rate hikes especially when the place is vacant. We left to a much nicer and in the long run, cheaper hotel nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Gr8_times4_2

Been to Northwood Motel? Share your experiences!