“Don't order the Prime Rib”
Review of Millheim Hotel

Millheim Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Millheim
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Thought I'd take a chance on the prime rib but not a good idea. It was a huge piece of something that appeared to have been browned and microwaved. Unfortunately, I should have known better for a place that would not have enough business to warrant a real prime rib. My other companions ordered lasagna, shrimp basket, etc. and were satisfied. It's a cute old building but this really was a disappointment for me. I basically didn't eat it and didn't ask for anything else. My bad.

2  Thank Dogger

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We've been here quite a few times for bike night. They always have good burgers and specials. Their fries are fresh cut and really good. Everything is very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

good food priced right nice staff daily and weekly specials one of my go to lunch stops often have entertainment on Friday or Saturday nights

Reviewed 1 January 2017

Our Orchid Society has their annual Christmas party in a back room at the hotel. The place is definitely old, but I love the charm. We have a choice between stuffed chicken breast and prime rib. I always get the chicken. The food is good. Not great or fantastic, but good. We eat it all and there are no complaints. The wait staff is very good. They are attentive and quick. Can't wait to go back next year!

Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

Millheim.... It's hard to tell someone where this little town is located, let alone the hotel. I guess it's somewhere between State College, PA (Penn State University) and NOWHERE... It really sits right in the middle of the Commonwealth on Route 45. And the Hotel??? Right on the main drag! Heck it's the ONLY drag in town, who am I kidding? Getting there is half the fun. The scenery in these mountains never grows old. I know, it's been my backyard all my life.
The Millheim Hotel is an old historic building that sits right in the middle of town. I believe one of America's forgotten Presidents from a bygone era slept here once, but I may be wrong. I've made this place a stop for many years whenever I was passing through on the bike. I've eaten here in the past but kind of just drove by in the last few years. Well this past Saturday night was the night to renew an old friendship and introduce my girlfriend to a place she's never been. We found a place to park out front. I know there's parking out back but the street was fine. It was about 8 o'clock and the majority of their supper crowd was gone, either gone home to relax or maybe retired to the bar to catch up on some small town gossip The bar seemed full of people having fun. There were a few eating out there as well. We picked a table and had a seat in the dining room.
My girlfriend ordered a T-bone and baked potato and I ordered the stuffed chicken breast with a baked potato. We both helped ourselves to the salad bar. If you're city folk and you're not use to small town life, you need to check-out this "one of a kind" salad bar. It consists of two cast iron tubs filled with ice and all the goodies, lettuce, carrots, onions, peppers and the works. A crock of soup and homemade breads can also be found. Not the largest salad bar but plenty of choices. You don't want to fill up before your meal 'cause believe me, you're going to get a meal fit for a king! Both our meals were served steaming hot. She loved her steak and my chicken was delicious. The baked potatoes were very hot and done right. The butter just melted on top. Corn must have been the vegetable of the day which suited me just fine. We both ended up bringing half of our meals home planning on a midnight snack but guess what... we weren't hungry at midnight this time around. We waited until Sunday to finish a great meal from the night before....
The Millheim Hotel has a great feel. It's something different for those of us who are tired of the overpriced chains on the strip. This place has a personality that so many of those other places lack. The locals are friendly without a doubt. And did I mention, our beers were served ice cold while we waited for our meals. Come dressed as you are and enjoy a night out for cold beverages, a great meal and friendly locals. I'm glad we did!

2  Thank drftr09