All reviews the cottages front porch picnic tables double sinks screen door coffee and juice place to stay vending machine park car lawn area fresh towels allow pets lace curtains easy access beautiful town beds were comfortable delaware river
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in a little cottage last week. Close to town. I'd stay again. Although the bed was more firm than I am use to, I slept very good. I travel alone and felt safe. If I get another pet, I'm sorry I won't be able to stay here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We loved the nostalgic feel of the bungalow style units. The place is so CLEAN and well maintained. The owner is very friendly and offered great tips about what to see locally. They have a sweet golden retriever who is so laid back, it makes you feel you are staying with friends. I love parking alongside the bungalow and having a porch to relax on especially in the evening (not confining like a hotel room). There is a common lawn area that adds the opportunity for extra space. Coffee and juice are offered in the morning, but it is also a short walk to a great coffee house. We had a room with a 'fridge which is always convenient. They have fresh towels and linens daily. I highly recommend staying here rather than a chain; support a local family business rather than a chain!

Stayed: September 2017
Craig C, Manager at Myer Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thanks so much for the very nice review. Summer has come to an end and we are now in the Fall season. It's important for us to hear these reviews to keep us motivated. Thanks again and please come back for another stay.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We went for 4 nights recently and we just loved it! There's such a homey atmosphere to the office and to the cottages. I think it's owned by a couple....and they have an awesome Golden Retriever who comes out to greet you. Coffee and OJ are offered in the office every morning. There's vending machines and pamplets along with an ice machine in a room that faces the cottages. We had a cottage with a king-size bed and a couple of wing chairs. Very comfortable mattress and pillows and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was modern in our room and they give you fresh towels every day - bed linens were nice and the room was clean. Every room is different - different decor, different bathrooms. We were very pleased with everything and will definitely go back again. Nice size fridge in the room and hangers in the closet. There really was nothing we would change. One of the coolest things was sitting out on the porch one morning, two deer were on the lawn about 100-150 ft. from where we were sitting. Also 3 bunnies hanging out within 25' of us. It's clean, quiet and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: If you're with another couple ask for two rooms that have a shared porch
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Craig C, Manager at Myer Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Glad you got to see the deer and bunnies. Trying to get Finny (Our Golden Retriever) to welcome them on the property but for some reason he thinks they are here to run after. Glad you enjoyed your stay and please come back!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This motel is clearly not part of a charmless chain, obvious from its homey touches (bedspread, curtains, furniture). We appreciated the spacious room,the double sinks separate from the shower, big closet, and privacy of the separate buildings. The owner was accommodating and gracious, the room was clean, and the signage to find it in the night was good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Craig C, Manager at Myer Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you. We are definitely not a "charmless chain". We are an old "Tourist Court" that has been well maintained and renovated over the years. It's been a labor of love keeping this little piece of Heaven going. Please come back again.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

What a great place! It has a vintage tourist cottage feel and look, but it's not at all "kitchy". It's modern and updated where you want it to be. Reserving by phone was easy, check-in was seamless, and the room was wonderful - at a great price. Don't shy away because they don't reserve online.

I loved being able to park right next to the room. We had half a duplex cottage with 2 Queen beds, Chenille bedspreads, patterned sheets, lace curtains, wall AC unit, a big fridge, recent bathroom remodel with 2 sinks, big flatscreen tv, lots of hangers and space. The big round wall clock was an excellent touch. Everything was very clean. I even saw one of the owners headed down to a cottage with freshly laundered bedspreads! That doesn't happen at most chain motels. The windows and screen door mean you can really open up the room for air, too. And the porch with chairs was great for hanging out and reading. The cottages are set back from the main road, and shielded by the main building/owners' house, so nice and quiet. The far end of the property leads off into woods - so quiet from there too. Overall, very peaceful. There are picnic tables in the large common green space where I saw a couple set up a little grill for some self-catering. There's a nice deck with padded deck furniture up by the main building that has vending, a microwave, and loads of tourist info. The owners also had good tips for local places to eat. I can recommend both nearby diners. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There are some single cottages, and some duplexes.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BuffRod
Craig C, Manager at Myer Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

What a great review. Thanks for staying and thank you for taking the time out to write a review. ~C