“Room rate bait-n-switch! Have a Pet? Call ahead! Very average, no frills, even for me!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed 9 October 2017

First, watch out for the bait & switch on some booking websites that promise one rate then conveniently hide the actual rate on the final page until you've committed. I paid 2x the rate promised (the reason I chose this place was that I needed a cheap one night stay with my dog).
Secondly, they have only 3 rooms that allow dogs, so if you have a dog, CALL them to confirm the room you booked is a dog-allowed room. We were nearly turned away, although I'd had the reservation for 2 weeks. The booking website did not allow me to mention we had a dog. The front desk person was very helpful in getting us a dog-room, although she was not pleased to have to alter the room assignment.
Thirdly, upon arrival there was an AWFUL sulfur smell right next to the parking area and rooms. Clearly there was an issue with their septic system being overloaded/backing up. The ground near the stairwell was puddled with sewage liquid. Hopefully they addressed that quickly, but our stay was VERY SMELLY.
Lastly, the cons of the place are all minor: I've stayed at the worst hiker-hostels around, so my standards are pretty low. The motel itself is quite dated. The parking lot is old and needs repair, the shower head was old and weak, the bathroom grout is dirty, the beds are hard, even for someone who likes a hard mattress, there's no coffee maker in the room. HOWEVER, it is clear that, in spite of the age, the owners are updating a bit at a time. There was new paint on the walls, new tv's, new microwaves and fridges, new digital air conditioners, new sink counters and fixtures. The place was as clean as it could be, given its age. Lots of grassy areas to walk the dog. A Chinese restaurant basically attached to the motel that seemed very popular (we did not go). But most of all, very helpful and friendly staff that was able to work with a few challenges with a smile.
Honestly, my only real complaint is that it cost 2x what I had been expecting. $158 for one night at a place of this caliber is ridiculous. I don't fault the motel, but the booking website, and my failure to see that the amount had changed during the booking process.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, there are only 3 rooms for dogs. CALL AHEAD to confirm they've got one availa...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed on the first floor next to the stairs to the second floor. Too much noise in this room. Stay away from the stairs. It's a good location near 84. Ample parking and a good cheap place to stay for the night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The Rodeway Inn is a nice, quiet, clean motel. There are no frills to it, but our room did have a working fridge and microwave. We took a smoking room so that we could be downstairs, and there was no trace of cigarette smell in the room.
The only complaint I had about the room was that it felt a bit damp. We were on the lower level, and the room was built like a basement. The floor in the bathroom was clammy tile, and vaguely sticky.

Room Tip: If you don't need a downstairs room, request an upper room, as they are less likely to be damp.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We had a great experience here at Rodeway Inn in Milford. Room was clean and comfortable. Pet friendly. This will be our go to place when in the area. Owners were very friendly. We liked that it was somewhat secluded.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2017

I never have high hopes for roadside motels, but this place was very clean and accommodating. I stayed for a few nights and they changed the sheets on the bed every day. The manager was extremely helpful and kind. I locked my room key in the room twice and he replaced them with no issues. There are quite a few choices for food not far away and it's very close to the highway.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
7.3 km away
Hotel Fauchere
#2 of 6 in Milford
9.6 km away
Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!