“Beautiful, Clean and a Great Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Bear Den Front porch overlooks creek
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bear Den
Front porch overlooks creek
View from front door to water
Loft - loft space - full height ceiling
Bathroom sink - industrial look
Bunk bed room upstairs
Full (double) bed on first floor
Queen bed in loft.
Second sitting area
Barn door to bathroom
Eating area
Bathroom
Landscaped with boulders from the property
Upstairs bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
dctravele...
DC
“Beautiful, Clean and a Great Stay”
Reviewed 28 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

I'm very picky about beds, sheets, towels and toilet paper. I like a good night sleep.

Beds - I slept on the lower bunk bed and to my amazement it was extremely comfortable. It was a high quality mattress and I did not have to bring my own comfortable piIllows.

Sheets - I would use these sheets on my own bed.

Towels - Thick and fluffy.

Toilet paper was good.

Decorations - Everything appeared to be high quality and new. The house was decorated in a nice, comfortable manner. The kitchen had all the necessary items needed to cook and was stocked with dish soap.

Owner - She was very helpful and available if we needed anything.

Location - Beautiful view of the creek from the front porch with nice chairs to sit and enjoy. Great Italian restaurant nearby for an evening meal.

Only things I might change - The upstairs toilet did not always flush on the first try. The TV was a bit high on the wall to watch. Then again, I didn't rent this house to watch TV.

I would stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Just as pictured and the owner was fantastic.
Liked least: Toilet upstairs.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
29 Oct 2015
Thanks so much for your review! I am so glad you had a nice stay. I really appreciate your details.

Take care,
Brenda
benbiggs2...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful, Relaxing Cottage on Tranquil Penn Creek”
Reviewed 7 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

My Fiancé, myself and our pup stayed at Bear Den for 6 wonderful days.

Cottage: New, modern renovation, but still cozy. The cottage had all of the conveniences of home (central air, well appointed kitchen, soft linens and a 50" TV), but the wood accents and high ceilings let you know you weren't in the big city anymore. Outside the backdoor there is a wonderful patio that was perfect for morning coffee and evening cocktails. Our pup really enjoyed playing fetch in the ample sized yard. There is also a small grill and fire pit. We had to make smores. The front porch was also really relaxing.

Creek: We rented kayaks from a place down the road for the entire trip. Very reasonable for high end fishing kayaks. We spent several hours a day on the creek, paddling for an hour or two upstream, then floating back. The fishing is amazing. We probably averaged 8-12 fish per day. I had the most luck with a fly rod and dry flies, but my fiancé did very well also with nightcrawlers. Large and smallmouth bass, as well as bluegill and trout. Our dog is an airedale terrier who cannot get enough water time. We played fetch in the water for at least 45 mins per day. He was so tired every night we actually had a chance to relax and enjoy dinner and a movie.

Location: It's tranquil and serene, yet you're only 10 minutes away from a grocery store. While there is a local ABC store, the beer distributer closes early so you may want to stock up before you come.

Owner(s): Brenda was very attentive and helpful. She answered our calls and texts immediately. She also brought us a bottle of local wine upon arrival.

Conclusion: We had a great time wearing ourselves out in the creek all day, then coming back to the beautiful cottage and making a nice meal. We would definitely stay again and highly recommend!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Penn Creek
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
19 Sep 2016
Somehow I missed this review before and am only seeing it now. I really enjoyed reading all your activities and about your dog! So funny! Thanks for taking the time to write a great description of your stay. Brenda
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing