All reviews stink bugs grove city full size fridge manager marc would stay again great place to stay one night front desk staff borrow appliances popcorn college microwave pa
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I took a road trip to do a little cross boarder shopping at the outlets in Grove City, PA. We stayed at the Candlewood Suites which is located minutes from the mall. Upon our arrival I was warmly greeted by the front desk staff and was checked in within three minutes. As an IHG member I was able to get a room upgrade which was wonderful.

The room itself was spacious, spotless and well appointed.

The hotel’s public areas were also well maintained and the free WiFi worked flawlessly.

I would highly recommend this location if you are visiting Grove City.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Marc P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Grove City - Outlet Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Manuel G,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review in regards to your most recent stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites - Grove City, PA. We are so glad you chose our hotel while you and your wife were in town doing some shopping at the Grove City Premium Outles....I hope you were able to find some GREAT deals!

I couldn't be more pleased hearing that our staff was able to make you feel right at home immediately upon arrival. It sounds like the upgrade exceeded your expectations and even though we can't guarantee an upgrade every time to our loyal IHG members, we hope that you still got a full sense of what our hotel offers and we can only hope that this will keep you coming back time after time!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The stay consistent of 1 1/2 months and the room was roomy enough to not feel claustrophobic. Ease of use with grill, washer/dryer and other cooking items. I would recommend to those with lengthy or short stays!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Marc P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Grove City - Outlet Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Clean & Useful,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review in regards to your most recent stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites - Grove City, PA. I am so pleased to hear that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and that the spacious rooms, outdoor grill/gazebo area, dishware/cookware, and our complimentary 24 hr laundry facility were just some of the things that made your stay so enjoyable!

We appreciate the positive feedback as well as your recommendation!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed just one night after a family graduation party. We checked in fairly late but the staff was polite, helpful and efficient.

Our suite with two queens and a pullout sofa was spacious, clean, and there was a nice selection of toiletries in the bathroom.

We didn't have a chance to swim but pool and common areas were very nice. There was about a minute walk to go to breakfast next door at Holiday Inn, but food was fresh and something for everyone as we have a couple picky eaters.

Would have loved to stay a little longer as we didn't have a chance to utilize pool and gym facilities. We will definitely consider staying again next time we visit family nearby!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim_H1999

Kim H,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review in regards to your most recent stay with us here at the Cnadlewood Suites - Grove City, PA.

We appreciate such a kind review and are pleased to hear that our hotel exceeded you expectations. We know there are plenty of hotels to choose from while visiting Grove City and I am so glad you chose us!

We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Grove City!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I had a great experience here. It is definitely a great place to stay if you have an extended stay in the area. The entire staff was really helpful. Sheila, Juanita, Sherry, Bre, and Becky were great. They made the long stay away from home definitely better. Thank you all for the hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Marc P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Grove City - Outlet Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

nlmckoy8,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review in regards to your most recent stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites - Grove City, PA. I couldn't be more pleased to hear that my staff made you feel right at home during your 4 week stay with us. I will be sure to pass this along to my entire team, especially those which you have referenced by name.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Grove City for a month. Minus the stink bugs, it's been a great stay. The staff here have been amazing and have gone above and beyond! I would definitely recommend it!

The manager Marc is incredibly helpful and friendly. He also manages the Holiday Inn and the Hampton just across the way so guests can use the amenities at those hotels and pick up some delicious, buttery popcorn.

Service: 5/5 The staff has been very friendly and helpful. Shiela, one of the front desk ladies always provides great advice on the local haunts and Juanita goes out of her way to help with small sewing needs. Marc, the manager worked with me to get 15 dozen donuts delivered to the hotel and he even picked it up himself. When I asked if there was a yoga mat, they bought a new one to me the next day and said I could return it to their lending locker when I was done. Awesome. I've traveled a lot, and I have to say that the staff here has been the best in terms of service and hospitality.

Room: 4.5/5 My room was spacious and had a small kitchenette. I wouldn't recommend heavy cooking since the space and venting system doesn't really facilitate it but it's great for light cooking. There's a microwave and full size fridge in the room also. I had a couple of uh-ohs with the microwave sparking because of the internal rack but we figured it all out. Water was also plentiful and hot - but note - it's soft water! Another plus is that they have a lending locker where you can borrow appliances/games/media etc for your room.

Facilities: 5/5 The gym is a decent size. It has treadmills, elliptical, dumbbells, benches, stationary bikes, and a cable machine. There's also resistance bands, a bosu trainer, and a stability ball. The gym is in the same room as the laundry (free) and there are 4 washers and 4 dryers.

The hotel provides free coffee, hot chocolate, and popcorn. You can also get a bunch of other toiletries and food items at a very reasonable price in their pantry, located in the lobby. Helpful when you don't feel like going out!

Outside, there's a patio with grills and a swimming pool. There's a hot tub in the other two hotels and they also have gyms. Plenty of parking.

Location: 3.5/5 The location itself is okay overall. It's right next to some food options, the outlets, enterprise, and the 79 highway. It's far enough out from Slippery Rock that you can't get pizza delivered but there are a number of options nearby. There's also a supermarket (country mart) not too far from the hotel.

Overall, if you have to stay in this area, I would definitely recommend Candlewood. You may encounter the PA stink bug (seasonal and everywhere when they're in season) but staff here go out of their way to make sure your stay in pleasant and the amenities are good. The rooms are clean and spacious and you have access to food, the highway, and shopping if you desire.

Room Tip: The popcorn from holiday inn is amazing. Staff is fantastic. Gym is larger than average.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Tiffany,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review in regards to your most recent stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites - Grove City, PA. I have to say, the group that you were here with was one of our favorite groups since opening back in 2016. Everyone was so nice to work with which made it that much easier for us, myself included, to try to make everyone feel right at home and by accommodating as many of your requests as possible. I appreciate the detailed review and hope it will help other travelers in the future when determining if our hotel fits their needs.