See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The reason I gave this a 3 is because them being there with a room for us saved us more riding in the torrential storm we had just come through. We were originally to stay in Mars, PA but the storm made it too dangerous for us, so we were forced to detour here. The rooms are old, dated and in need of refreshing. The lobby smelled terrible, but at the very least we didn't see evidence of health concerns (bugs, mold etc). But would we stay here again unless we were desperate...no. While the owner was helpful to us, it doesnt make up for the fact this business needs a thorough over haul.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Stayed here one night on my way to Ontario and the managers gave me an upgrade. Security was not a problem. The unit itself was immaculate and everything worked well. The motel is old and needs a complete upgrade but my biggest complaint was no Wi-Fi and not even hot coffee the next morning. The owners did recommend a great restaurant to me. They were very pleasant and I enjoyed talking with them.

Room Tip: Ask for a king bed upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Colonial Inn Mercer PA
Should be condemned by the local health department...
We were in town for a funeral, reservations were made night before, upon arrival,, the building looked as if it needed Major repairs,, the a/c units were busted and parts were missing, the doors had spaces open for rodents and bugs, the bathrooms were moldy and the bedroom smelled of must and mold,,in the back of the building sat debris of old furniture rotted and a mattress leaning against building COVERED IN MOLD,,, when we had checked our room, we pulled back the covers ( NO sheets ) the mattress was stained and wide open ( ancient) and had rusty springs that had bled through the mattress, pulled the cover off the pillow and had stains and hair on pillow,, mildew and mold was present and visible and could smell it,
We had asked for a refund and the manager said NO, because it was a reservation,,
Shouldn't it be Mandatory if totally unsatisfactory....?
Also when we argued for refund,, the manager slammed the window and door on us!! Also I said to the manager " do you smell the must ?" He said no,, I asked " do you live here ?" He said yes,, ""I said that why you don't smell it,, your used to living in filth..!!!""" ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING HORRIBLE Conditions,,,, I will post my pictures of nastiness

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Christy B
Reviewed 23 October 2015

For the record: I have been to nicer hotels during the Arab Spring. Some of those hotels had artillery shells in them, but the security was still better. The hotel is fairly far from anything. Coming form the turnpike, you are looking at about 10 miles of dark two-lane country roads, with plenty of deer to hit.

The hotel is very dark. The woman at the front desk was nice, but as soon as you walk into the lobby, you sort of know how this is going to go. It was a business trip, and I was bit surprised that she said "okay, we already charged the card before you arrived..." That was big red-flag.

The door's left much to be desired, the locks and gaps in the door were a glaring problem. The room was (again) dark. It was slightly brighter than the hallway, but not by much. The AC/Heating unit was not working properly. It sounded like it wanted someone to put it out of its misery. Yes, the rooms are dated, the bed was uncomfortable for the few seconds I sat on it, so I could look up another hotel to stay at. And yes, the TV's are Dish, and old-school tube TV'S, but I don't care about that. Those things are rather trivial, given the price. The room was dingy at best. There was a roach immediately upon opening the bathroom door. But what made me leave was when I checked the AC/Heating unit, I decided I would just unplug it and deal with the weather for the night. I'm always prepared anyway. When I looked under the unit to unplug it, the socket had clear burn marks...I decided not to touch it.

I was polite, but informed the nice woman at the desk that the room was unacceptable.She offered an alternative room, and was polite, but its obvious she has had to hear this many, many, many, times. I informed her of the burn marks,and said I would not be staying at the hotel. She said the manger was not in at the moment, but its clearly a family run hotel, so the manager must be related somehow.

My company made the reservations, so it was on a company card. Since this just happened a few hours ago. I will have to update if I am not given a full refund, but after reading the other reviews, it would appear as though voices may have to be raised.

I left and drove the 10 miles back to the cluster of equally priced, chain-hotels, closer to the turnpike, where at least I'm comfortable, there are plenty of food options, and the internet is strong enough to write use the internet and write this review.
Just save yourself the aggravation, don't bother, unless you are really into awful hotels.

Room Tip: Don't stay.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank J R
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

I really wanted to like it here. Not possible. Filth inside (see photos) and the parking lot has thousands of cigarette butts just lying around. The room smells of disinfectant. Wireless only works near front desk.

The rooms each have two doors. Twice as many lock problems. One positive thing is that the television works, and it has Dish Network, if you like that sort of thing. Also, the person who checked us in was very pleasant and friendly.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple