See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 May 2015

This Motel is old and shows it. I have met the new management, and feel there will be new standards. Cleaning is top priority. Carpets are being replaced with hardwood floors. Given a chance, I feel The Mercer Motel will be an inexpensive, comfortable, local place to spend the night or weekend. It has a good price, even without a pool. As with all improvements, it takes time. Don't write this place off.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed here last summer, so if there was a change of management I hope it was for the better. The place was very inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. It wasn't clean and the door didn't close properly. It's in a very poor town and it didn't feel safe. In the middle of the night a motorcycly pulled in and the coupld got in a fist fight right in front of our window. I was afraid of being shot! The cops took forever to arrive. When I talked to the manager the next day she said they always stay there and they are always fighitng! Great!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The New Management of this motel are the friendliest people I have ever met. On my way back from Pittsburgh, my car started to overheat and I got stuck on the side of the road. After 2 hours of an officer helping me and trying to fix my car we realized it would have to go to a mechanic. So my mom booked me a room for the night at the Mercer hotel, who welcomes dogs with open arms; which is lucky for me because my 90lb pitbull goes everywhere with me, and we were stuck in this situation alone. Once I arrived at the motel and get my stuff settled into my room, I came out to walk Louis and was greeted by Matt's son Devon who offered to take a look at my car. Once he decided it was easily fixable, they recommended me not to go to the mechanic the officer told me about, because they had had bad experiences in the past and didn't want me to go through any trouble. So instead, they offered to fix it for me. For the rest of the night I spent time with everyone, who took me in like a member of their family, even letting me have dinner with them! The next morning they took me to get the part and fixed my car without asking me for anything. I have never been greeted with such hospitality and so well taken care of at any hotel or motel in my life. The rooms are large and inviting, and very clean. I had a great night sleep and a great experience considering the circumstances of my car breaking down on me so far away from home. I recommend if you're in the area and looking for a place to sleep for the night, or in town for a few days to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Andria B
Reviewed 5 August 2012

First of all, I called to make a reservation and the old woman on the phone was so rude I almost didn't stay there to start with. . . . I should have listened to my instincts. When I checked in the rude old lady I talked to on the phone told me the room would cost $10 more then the rate she had given me over the phone. NOT HAPPY!The room was so small and dark and grimy. I had to jam my shoulder into the door to get it to open. The bed didn't have a real frame and head board, instead there was some ugly make shift box built from 2x4s. There were stains on the sheets and bead spreads. It smelled so old and musty! There were no outlets in the bathroom, the shower wouldn't drain and when I first turned on the water it came out orange! The blinds didn't work and were so old that they were made of steel and rusted. Then there were spiders in the bathroom..... I don't do spiders. I was supposed to stay for a week, but I checked out the next morning. One night is all I could take of the Mercer Motel. NEVER EVER stay here. Travelers BEWARE!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Although a little dated and very simple, no fridge or microwave, the room was really clean and really cheap. i mean for less than $40 bucks you really can't beat it. It was nice and quiet and close to town. The managers were really friendly and it kind of had an old school charm.

Room Tip: I stayed in room #104, it was great!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo