“Nice Brew Pub in Media”

Sterling Pig Brewery
Ranked #21 of 123 Restaurants in Media
Reviewed 17 October 2016

My son and I grabbed dinner here recently. They've done a nice job fixing up the interior, although it looks like they still have to finish up on a couple of areas. Nice atmosphere, with a prominent smell of tasty BBQ smoke as you walk in. We had the Fish & Chips and the Pulled Pork Sandwich. The fish was good, not exactly traditional but still good. The pork sandwich was really good, with a good taste of smoke. The fries were also top notch. I tried two of their beers, the Baltimore Pike Porter was pretty decent but the Big Gunz Double IPA was excellent. There were several other food items I'd like to try, the menu is varied with appetizers, BBQ and wood oven pizzas, I'll be back.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

The food was basically inedible. Onion soup, $8/bowl, weak unappealing in flavor. Barbecue combo, $20.00, of all terrible, overlooked, flavor of crockpot pulled pork, tough beef brisket and very dry over cooked ribs came w/very dry corn bread, cole slaw and mashed potatoes (1/2 lumps, 1/2 smooth, best thing on plate!) even though when we ordered, we had asked if we could sub fries for mashies, were told yes, still came with mashies. Pointed out error, rec'd fries " no charge". The 4 beer flight was very good, but food wasn't even good enough to put out our order, minus the few bites we tried of each item, and choked down, for the critters in the woods behind our house. Front wall of upstairs dining room was cement block..patched in some places, kind of coated in some places and bare in others and NOT in anything artistically done. There are many much more delicious places in Media to dine at. Go to one of them. Not Ariano though...see next review...2 bad places in two days. Went here because at Media Fair on weekend they had a stand where they gave out free beer samples.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Since we are into the craft beer movement in the US, my boyfriend and I enjoy exploring the new breweries and taprooms in the greater Philadelphia area. This is a cool atmosphere, nicely redone from what used to be, I understand, a copying business. We chose to drink the stout and IPA, both very good. The chili was tasty and same for steak salad, although at this time of year I was shocked they did not have fresh Jersey tomatoes in the it, just a grocery store variety. But that is a minor complaint. We will certainly be going back.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Friends and I went to Sterling Pig for a Sunday lunch. The place wasn't crowded so we got seated right away.

The main dining area with the open kitchen has a really nice look and feel. We had the saison brew and all liked it.

Food consisted of two different pizzas. A pulled pork pizza and a pizza with prosciutto. I am sorry but I don't recall the exact names as listed on the menu.

The pizza's are relatively small and the crust very thin and crisp. They are cooked in a wood fired oven. They were tasty but the size of the pie, for the price, was a bit disappointing.

I live in the vicinity and will return for dinner next time so I can try a few different brews and something else on the food menu.

Try it. I think you will like it.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Skip the food. We went in at what should have been prime dinner time but there were only people drinking at the bar. There were at least 5 employees visible so there should have been plenty of folks available to cook a tasty meal. Alas. It was not so. Our meals were uniformly not tasty. We tried to add some salt but alas, the shakers had large grained Kosher salt that wouldn't come out without taking off the lid. The server was nice but obviously, all the locals know the real secret. Just drink the beer.