“Do not go there if you intend to hold a conversation with you dinner guests”

La Porta Ristorante & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 127 Restaurants in Media
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: La Porta features regional Italian cuisine drawing inspiration from all across Italy, with classic theory and Chef McAndrews' personal finesse. Our menu changes often to provide the freshest seasonal ingredients. We welcome you to enjoy an authentic Italian experience with good friends and good wine. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Went to La Porta last evening. The food is very good and the décor is great. However, if you are going to dinner with others in your party and think you will be able to hear them, even if they are seated right next to you, guess again. There were only 5 tables in the smaller dining room. At our table, all we could do was watch each others lips move. Couldn't hear the waitress. If the Patio is open eat out there or go at an off-peak time.

2  Thank angelolkus

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This place has excellent food and nice service. We stopped in off a whim and were pleasantly surprised. Austin the waiter explained the dishes. Try the 2 for 20 to go pizza.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The atmosphere is lovely old rustic and the service is excellent. Wood-fired pizza. Great wings and more. The staff was very friendly and the chef came out to ask what I wanted in place of muscles in my fruta del mar.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

A fine restaurant: we had wood-fired pizzas that were excellent. A warm and friendly place with a good selection of moderately priced wines

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We finally got around to visiting this great Italian Ristorante, and what a better reason than my son, Dean's Birthday...Dean & I met my daughter, Robin, & her husband, Kevin, at the sweet bar for a warm-me-UP!! It was a chilly, damp night, so we were very pleased to see their cozy fireplace roaring right near our table, which was already waiting for us when we arrived at the packed house....Parking can be an adventure here so come prepared for that...Capito...?

Their menu is concise but well developed with something for all...My daughter enjoyed an amazing salad with Fresh Mozzarella & Shrimp & Arugula and when we asked for a taste, she almost cut our fingers off...!?! TRUE!!! ....My Gringo son-in-law had their 'Paesano Burger', which was an 8oz. sirloin burger w/Applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, gorgonzola dolce, garlic aioli, balsamic reduction, fries on the burger ~ SWEET! He certainly enjoyed it!!...The Birthday Boy enjoyed their Famous 'Tuscan Fries' which were INCREDIBLE house cut fries w/eggplant, red pepper, onion, local squash, garlic aioli, balsamic reduction, basil, parmigiano reggiano!!! WOW!!! ...Followed by their Braised Pork Osco Bucca which was fall-off-the-bone TENDA!?!

I had their Calamari, which were quite crispy & flavorful fried squid w/Italian long hots & a tomato agrodolce sauce which was good, BUT, they were NOT TENDA enough for me, I'm sorry to say....Otherwise, this would have been a PREFECT Review.....My entree was their Ricotta Gnocchi w/Jumbo Lump Crab which was out-of-this-WORLD!!! I personally, have ALWAYS wanted to make this dish, but never had enough Folks interested in joining me...Regardless, 65 yrs was definitely long enough to wait to discover one of the finest Italian Seafood Dishes I have ever had the pleasure of devouring...And their sauce was SO amazing, I almost licked my plate...And would've if the kids had not been there....!?!

No one had room for dessert which looks GREAT, as does their PIZZA and many, MANY other delights, AND, I was SO surprised to see the Birthday Boy took a dawgie bag home...!?! THAT never, EVER happens ~ Good sign ~

I look forward to returning very soon...Perhaps when we can enjoy their outside patio service which looks magnifico!!! I also look forward to sampling their 'La Porta Via' which is a Specialty Market that looks very dangerous...indeed, but a Must ~

Mille grazie, La Porta ~