“Curry is a bit brothy”

Pad Thai
Ranked #20 of 201 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

I had Gang Dang with Chicken and husband had Gang Masaman with chicken. Both dishes tasty. I will say I am used to curries being thicker but these were very brothy, but don't let that turn you off because very good food. I don't prepare Thai food at home and eat it only handful of times per year, so I'm chalking "brothiness" up to regional style. We both enjoyed our dishes. I would have liked a bit more chicken in my dish. Great environment, pleasantly decorated and clean. Great customer service. Would eat here again.

Reviewed 27 March 2015 via mobile

Love this place! We visit so often the waitress knows us. LOL

A quiet and relaxed atmosphere. I love their Thai Iced Tea!

We had the Pad Thai lunch special and shrimp fried rice with fried chicken. Wonderful flavors, my husband loved the flavors in his chicken bites.

Lunch is also served with coconut soup, with a side of "bread" pieces. Absolutely delicious!!!

We keep going back, it's a wonderful place to eat.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

It's just an overall good place. Good food. Good prices. I love the bottomless salad. A nice alternative to the typical chain steakhouses.

Reviewed 2 January 2015

At the risk of being repetitive, our experience mirrors that noted in Rachel B's review of August 2013. Since we just tried Pad Thai (the restaurant) in December 2014 and had the same positive experience, clearly the owners have standards they are maintaining. We enjoy Thai food and are always on the lookout for a good place. The quality of the food, the friendly service, and upscale feel - at modest prices - combine to make Pad Thai a real find.

As Rachel B indicated, coconut soup (pictured) accompanies lunch entrees. The coconut soup alone, with its deep-fried croutons that can either be put in the soup for a great flavor combination or crunched as is, is a delight. We enjoy the Pad Thai (entree) - which isn't the greasy, deep-fried concoction served by some restaurants and the spicy ginger chicken. ("Spicy" is a relative term. Perhaps "flavorful" would be more accurate. The spicy dishes are tasty, but not Scoville-scale hot.)

Pad Thai is one of the best restaurants we've enjoyed and it was a pleasant surprise to find it in a local shopping center.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

Several people we know recommended Pas Thai. We love Thai food & were excited to try a new place. The pad Thai was really greasy & off-puttingly smoky. It's usually my favorite dish. The chicken panang was good, though, With nice fresh veggies. Medium heat was borderline too hot for me. My partner had ginger curry, which was also kind of smoky, but OK. A rambutan bubba smoothie was our dessert. The flavor was good, but it was a bit watery.
There are other, better places for Thai. I doubt we will ever go back to this one.