“Lovely Lobster Rolls and Succulent Seafood”
Review of Black and Bleu

Black and Bleu
Ranked #4 of 201 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Black & Bleu has some tasty seafood pasta dishes and excellent appetizers. The atmosphere is nice, but it is busy, even on a Thursday night. The wait staff is great and the time for waiting for your food is average.

The pappardelle noodles in my wife's dish were soft and tasted homemade. The seafood was cooked just right. We'll be coming back.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Very friendly and attentive staff, nice atmosphere and the food was awesome. There were 2 of us and we started with a calamari appetizer, it was that large that we are our fill and took enough home for another meal. I had a large Seafood Pappardelle Pasta, it was the best and I mean best seafood dish I have had in years. I took enough home for 2 more meals. My wife had a ravioli dish that she love. We will definatly be back.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

My wife and I have dined at Black and Bleu numerous times over the years and continue to go back because of the quality of food and incomparable service.
There is pretty much a dish for most who like a variety of tastes. If you enjoy Prime Rib I recommend the Wednesday Prime Rib special. I have been told the (whole) Prime Rib is slow cooked from early morning till serving time. I have had it many times and I can attest that it is very tender with a hint of seasoning. It's a rememberable dish! Black and Bleu also delivers on the spicy dishes. I recommend the Fire Bread to start out the evening. Their Firehouse Pasta is a favorite too.
Besides the high quality of food and variety we are drawn back by the service. The servers are a cast of very friendly people who make you feel at home when guiding you through the menu and specials. My wife and I have asked for the same server since dining at Black and Bleu. She has a bubbly personality and always treats us like family when we stop in.
As for the ambiance of the restaurant, it is very cozy with a nostalgic feel. From our experiences every night seems to be a busy night at Black and Bleu and to me that's a testament to both food and service. The location grows on you but for first timers it may seem a bit odd. Most restaurant are location directly on the mainline. Black and Bleu is set back.
Bottom line, Black and Bleu is a can't miss restaurant which I recommend to those who want to add a little spice to an evening.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Been here several times. Food is consistently good! Service is also consistently good. My only complaint is parking. It is limited because there are other surrounding businesses. (The lobster mac and cheese is phenomenal!)

Reviewed 11 January 2017

These days, not everyone can afford to eat out, but when you do-you expect the best! I had Prime Rib and the taste was amazing! The Prime Rib was cooked exactly the way I wanted it! Seasoned perfect! Even the baked potato had a great taste! My husband had a NY strip and that was cooked with perfection! We also ordered calamari Rhode Island style and the calamari was not chewy it melted in your mouth. Cooked at the right temp and for the right length.