All reviews cinnamon buns front desk cheese omelets pancake machine hotel lobby indoor pool newer hotel sitting area check in was easy breakfast area nice stay fitness room rooms were very clean visit family great place to stay staff was friendly stayed one night
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I typically stay here 3-7 days out of a week for work. The proximity to the hospital makes it a likely choice. The staff are always attentive, and more than happy to help when ever needed. I have honestly never had a bad interaction or felt that I was a bother, even when needing to stop and get extra keys because I kept leaving mine in the room. The breakfast is better than most hotels I have stayed in, and the cinnamon rolls are a pleasant treat after a 12 hour night shift. The rooms are large, its nice to have a suite considering the time I am there.

Sadly not much in the area to eat but a Burger King and a grocery store across the street. For evening travels, it is a good idea to stop and get food before you get to the hotel, if not you have about a 10 min drive to find better options.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank devaughn1972
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I usually do not see enough of a difference between moderate chain motels/hotels to make any comments one way or another. This well maintained and very clean and comfortable place seemed to be a step above and well worth consideration if you are in the area. We particularly appreciated how concerned the front desk clerk seemed to be concerned that our stay be enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank josephcY3445VP
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I don't understand the reviews that say the hotel is clean. By any standard, the hotel is not clean: mold on A/C vents (in my room and another room when I asked to be moved), hair all over the shower wall, blood spot on the bedding (not a stain, dried blood). Desperation stay only. Too bad, because the location could make it a useful stop.

2  Thank betty251
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi betty251!

Thank you for opting to stay with us among your many lodging options and bringing your concern to our attention. I'm glad to know that our convenient location worked well for you. On the other hand, I'm sorry for the inconvenience you've encountered because the cleanliness of your room was a letdown.

We understand the importance of clean and comfortable accommodation for your convenience, and we maintain an intent to deliver exceptional facilities and a memorable stay. I shared your comments to our maintenance and housekeeping teams as a material in their continued training. We hope that we can win back your heart back and try us again.

Many thanks,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Stopped by with my parents on a drive from Pittsburgh to New York. Checked in late at night and was offered a late checkout. Was offered an upgrade to a Junior suite which was very convenient for our party of 3. Friendly staff and nice breakfast!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Do not stay at this hotel unless you are really desperate. The overall standard is very disappointing. When we opened the sofa bed the mattress was disgusting. It appeared to have been eaten by something. The hotel is old and living in the past. This may be acceptable in American standard but nothing like the standard expected from a Holiday Inn Express in the UK. Poor breakfast, even saw the manager picking meat from the breakfast bar with his hands. This hotel needs to review it's standards and renovate the smelly old carpets. The swimming pool is also old and uninviting. Even although it is only a 2 star hotel it is no better than a motel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hello marsh252,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review about Holiday Inn Express And Suites Harrisburg W - Mechanicsburg PA. I recognize your stay was not 100% satisfactory because of issues with the breakfast, condition of the sofa bed and level of service received.

IHG values your experience with our hotels. I have sent you a private message so we can gather some additional information regarding your experience. Please allow us another chance to make things right.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Warm Regards,