“So good!”
Review of Thea

Thea
Reserve with OpenTable
Thea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 208 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Price range: US$8 - US$45
Description: Experience our handcrafted menu. Fresh, local ingredients... some starting from our own seeds and then harvested and uniquely prepared for your table.
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

In town for a meeting and met a friend for dinner. Thea was the perfect place to go.

The decor is soft with pops of color in the artwork. Very classy but still comfortable. I was there in my boyfriend jeans and did not feel out of place. They play decent, classic rock music, but it’s not loud so conversations are easy to enjoy.

The food was wonderful! Great seasonal choices. Turtle cheesecake is a must, but the strawberry shortcake looked amazing as well!

A bit more expensive than some places, but well worth it.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

We went for a much needed date night and we had a great time. The food was wonderful - we got two appetizers (both delicious - aranchini and ricotta stuffed meatballs). My husband got the scallop special and I got the blackberry salad with a cup of tomato bisque. We were very happy with the food and the service. We were there on the earlier side so there were some families (although I would not bring my children to this restaurant). The atmosphere was nice - you could dress up or be more casual and still be comfortable. It is a good place to go for a nice dinner. My only complaint is that the music they were playing was a bizarre choice for the atmosphere.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I always read the reviews prior to choosing a new restaurant and after doing so, chose Thea's for my birthday dinner. I ended up very disappointed. Having scheduled through Open Table, when we arrived and I gave my name, they incorrectly gave us a table for 3 (although the waiter did have the correct idea to seat us side by side). Once we were given our menus and the waiter told us the specials, it took quite a while for him to come back and get our order (their menu is not that extensive that we needed a lot of time).

We did bring a bottle of wine and the nice part about this is we didn't end up spending for one glass what a bottle would cost. The waiter offered to pour it for us and kept it chilled at the table. While the meals came in a timely manner, the woman who brought them to our table then chose this time to clear the other 2 place settings across from us, which felt extremely awkward as the table we were at was quite intimate. I waited until she left to even take a bite of my meal or converse with my husband.

Very quickly after we got our meal, the waiter asked how everything was...never to return again. I had to accept my husband's glass of water because mine was never refilled. Once the woman who cleared off our table noticed and asked, we were ready to leave. While I saw desserts being served and I would have loved a birthday dessert, the whole experience was so disappointing that I just wanted to leave. Both my husband and I got the crab pasta, which he enjoyed more than I did. I felt it was swimming in the sauce and didn't find a lot of crab. One of the things I did find appealing about the restaurant was that some of their tables really feel like a regular home-style table...dress code was very confusing as we wore pants and a dress, but it ranged and some wore jeans or even jean shorts. Overall, it was not the dining experience I was hoping for.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Went to Thea’s on a super hot day for lunch with a co-worker. Staff was very friendly and helpful. With so many yummy choices on the menu, it’s hard to pick. We both got burgers than split the burgers in half so we could try both. Will be back for lunch or dinner!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Fresh food with a Greek flair. There is an outdoor patio too. I love their salads for lunch and for dinner I always choose from their specials. The decor is upscale. It’s a byob restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2018