“Comfortable Lodgings”

Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Matamoras
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We have stayed here whenever we are in town or passing through. Rates are reasonaable, rooms are comfortable, people are friendly and there's a free breakfast and a great view. Breakfast service was excellent. Our waitperson, Nancy, did and excellent job of making us feel welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here prior to attending a wedding. Keep in mind this is a no frills hotel. There are no bell hops to help with luggage . They do have carts for you to use-these carts need to be updated. There is self parking. Very few amenities in the room. We wanted to shut off the air conditioning and called the front desk. They said they would try to help but no one ever came. We had a voucher for breakfast. Breakfast is buffet style and selections were limited. Wait staff were helpful.
Room was clean.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yorkiemom520
Reviewed 20 October 2017

The motel is undergoing renovations and knowing that the existing rooms are just waiting their turn to be renovated. For example, the finish on the desk in the room was peeling. Turning on the faucet in the bathroom resulted in black residue flowing with the water. It cleared up after letting the water run for awhile. There are tarps everywhere. On the good side, the grounds are spacious and it is within walking distance of a Perkins restaurant which served an excellent dinner at a very reasonable price. I'd wait till after the renovations are completed before returning.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We have stayed here many times in the past. When I called to make reservation I spoke to Corey, she was so helpful and pleasant. When we checked in, we got to meet her, and she was just as pleasant as she was on the phone. We knew they were doing renovations on the hotel, so I asked Corey if we could have a room that was renovated. She said yes. When we got in our room, there was the same old furniture, new lamps, fresh pain on the walls, same old bathroom...not much of a renovation!! They were working all around the hotel, so hopefully they are not finished with the rooms! The rooms are ok, clean...but really need some updating! I must say I don't know what is up with their pillows, the pillows are like the size of a throw pillow that you would have on your couch. There were 4 of them for a king size bed, but even so, it still looked ridiculous. I have never stayed at a hotel that gives you such tiny pillows, and several rooms were left open while the housekeepers cleaned and I could see all the pillows looked the same!! I hope new, normal size pillows are in the budget for the renovation!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017

From the time I made the reservation to the time we checked in everyone I spoke with seemed agitated and in a bad mood. When making the reservation the receptionist was so overwhelmed she asked if she could call me back. (She didn't by the way). I made the reservation 5 months in advance of when I needed it. I called the week before to confirm as I was reserving 3 rooms for a wedding, and the receptionist was annoyed with my questioning and argumentative. I offered to call her at a better time, and she apologized. The next day, I received a phone call telling me the hotel overbooked and they were moving my reservation to another hotel (never was this mentioned, and remind you I reserved 5 months prior and the wedding party was providing transportation to the venue from Best Western, not a neighboring hotel). Overall frustrating, wouldn't recommend!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank 60arlenee
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improvements to offer guests a better experience in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Matamoras
0.2 km away
25.6 km away
Grand Cascades Lodge
Grand Cascades Lodge
#1 of 1 in Hamburg

Been to Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing? Share your experiences!