“Great old friendly bar”
Review of Shank's Tavern

Shank's Tavern
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Marietta
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Went down on mcycles today, sat outside and had brats, pot salad and Murphys stouts. Chatted w owner and enjoyed the day. Food was pretty good, beer $6 (which to me is exp), but good. Wife says shut up and drink your beer or u cant come out anymore ... bah, beer at the Legion is $2!

Tina G, Manager at Shank's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thanks for stopping by our Shanktoberfest party! We do Craft Friday every week featuring a $3 Craft beer pint of the day. Lots more events coming this Fall. All the details are on the calendar tab of our website. Hope you can stop by again real soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

My friend and I went for lunch here. I had been to the tavern for dinner a while ago, but am happy to report both times meant very good food. For lunch we had Chicken Caesar Wraps, which had the surprise addition of bacon. The combination of flavors was very pleasing, and I'm not a huge fan of bacon. I asked for mine to be light on the dressing, and that request was honored. They were not busy, and I felt the food service could have been a little faster, but this was not a big problem.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Great place to stop in for drinks, appetizers, food and companionship. It is obviously THE neighborhood bar with friendly staff and patrons. My husband and I were biking on the Northwest River Trail and stopped in for a break one evening. Well, 2 hours later we rode our bikes back to Maytown, happy and full. The staff welcomed us and made sure all needs were met promptly, We plan to return this week.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I bicycle the NW River Trail about 8 times a years, and have hit a few of the pubs in Marietta, I like Shanks alot, its definitely a neighborhood tavern. They will have the old windows open on warm days, I like it that way. The bathroom is small but its all part of the old tavern feel. The food is good and so are the drinks. Every bartender has been nice. Some of the other pubs get very crowded, thats another reason why I come to Shanks.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Best bar in terms of non fried food! LOL. All food is fresh and made to order which is amazing! Nothing frozen because there is no fryer! This is why this tavern is the best in the area! Best night to go is Friday’s because it’s seafood night and Shanks has the best hand rolled sushi and steamers!! I always get the Chesapeake roll, and mahogany clams with their hefe on tap. I also love Thursday’s because the special is beef on wheck which is so delicious here!!Great place for music too! A great party atmosphere but the party is usually done by 10 pm since everyone parties so hard all day!

1  Thank Jenna C
Tina G, Manager at Shank's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

That about sum up Shank's Tavern. Thanks for the review!