“Great service”

McCleary's Public House
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Liked the atmosphere. Good food. Great service. Did not seem to be enough parking for the amount of seating.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Sam W

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I love their food, most everything is good including desserts. It's gets busy you need to go early or make reservations. Indoor and outdoor dining.

Tonight I had the beef stroganoff. I will say, I was disappointed in this dish. It's the first one I've ever been disappointed with here. The pappardelle pasta was too al dente and the dill cream sauce had too much dill, or it was too much sauce for the dish, it over powered the whole dish. The beef tips and mushrooms were excellent. I won't get this again, as it's too "dilly". There are plenty of other dishes I really enjoy here. I will be be back, this won't keep me from returning.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Food was between average and very good. The restaurant was very crowded, we happened to hit wing night, so we sat outside. Service was ok, May go back to give them another chance(not on wing night)

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We were able to sit on the patio and started with a dozen mussels that were just wonderful. The shrimp and corn soup was tasty, as was the salad. I got a special consisting of chicken wrapped in spiced ham, mushrooms, spinach, garlic red skinned potatoes and excellent asparagus. Our waiter was great, and the only reason we didn’t give this restaurant five stars is because the burger was average. Great value.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We always try to eat at McCleary's when in the Marietta, Pa, area. The venue is an authentic pub; the service is friendly and prompt; and, the food is out of this world. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: June 2018