“Hard to say, based on just one lunch, but...”
Review of Rino's Pizza

Rino's Pizza
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Manheim
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Based on my first experience, I will give them a 3 out of 5, but I could see how the rating could move a point in either direction. Whether food, or facility, the good always seemed to be balanced by something not-so-good.
Initial impressions, after coming in the door around 1:15 on a workday afternoon and seeing only one other patron:... the interior decor was nice and pleasant, and it looked very clean, but it unfortunately had a very noticeable smell of a combination decayed food and, apparently, the cleaning products used trying to combat it.
I ordered an Italian sub and a Tiramisu. The sub was quite good, with good quality meats and cheese, but star was the bread, roll, which was wonderful. A perfect choice for the sub, with great flavor and texture.
Now, I usually avoid desserts, but I'm a sucker for a good Tiramisu, and since they claim to make their own and that it'll be "the best" I ever had, well I had to check!
Let me first state that "the best I ever had" is at Landini Brothers, a small family-owned Italian restaurant in the Old Town portion of Alexandria, VA. I just can't imagine a better Tiramisu is even possible.
So, how was this one? Well, it did appear to be "home-made", but they must've made it and then frozen it, because the center of mine was still partially frozen. The flavor & texture of the thawed portion was pretty good, but the frozen center detracted from it.
A fresh, non-frozen portion would probably rate as better than most of the ones I've had around this area, but would still fall short of the "best I ever had" mark.
Overall, I might try them again. I see the potential is there, but there is also some improving to do.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

We stayed at a nearby hotel that had the menu at the front desk. They had a lot of options that sounded really good so we decided to order since they delivered and were just down the street. I told the girl taking the order that it was delivery and the name of the hotel plus the street address (mind you, on the same street!). I was told we would have our order in 20 to 30 minutes. 45 minutes later I called to check on it. They gave the delivery guy the wrong hotel name and not the address at all. If the order taker had paid attention to the address I gave her the mix up wouldn't have happened. Over an hour later we get cold food and they forgot our ranch dressing. So I called again and the order taker says Oh can we bring that right out to you? Um, Yeah. No offer of a refund or anything. If we ever stay in the area again we will not order from here!

Reviewed 4 July 2016

First time hard inedible fries, they would not even replace them. Now this time we got steak sandwiches and fries. The steak sandwich my boyfriend was eating and found dirty fuzzy fibers inside the steak sandwich. Either from the driver that was not happy from not getting tips from a previous time and placed it in the steak sandwich or at Rino's itself possible they accidently dropped it in without knowing it. So me and my boyfriend did not eat the rest of the food since we lost our appetite. Before we threw it away. I called Rino's and talked to the manager named "Jessica" keep in mind the time before this we had rock solid inedible fries and they did not offer to replace them for us as I requested them to. So the second time we figured to try them and give them one more chance and that is today we got the contaminated sandwich, either intensionally by the driver who did not get a tip or accidentally by Rino's in the kitchen.We wanted to bring the contaminated food back to Rino's but when I called the manager "Jessica" she would not even attempt to rectify the situation by either replacing the steak sandwich or offering to give money back for one sandwich. In this case it is not 3 strikes and your out. For us it's 2 strikes and your out! The reason we aren't using Rino's anymore, is because the manager "Jessica" was highly unaccommodating and would not want to work with us just like the previous time with the hard fries. She would not rectify the situation and to top it off to get out of accommodating us professionally she decided to blame it on us without ever viewing the evidence. SHE ACTED HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL TO DO SUCH A THING!

Reviewed 24 June 2016

We have passed this eatery many times but never stopped. We should have continued that habit. The pizza was over done, crust was tasteless, and the sauce was uninspiring. For good Pizza cross the river to New Jersey.

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Like the reviewer above stated .. If you know Pizza and are here from NY jersey, Philly even or an Italian .. Your going to be a little disappointed . Your in Amish country . The locals like pizza as bread with a ton of cheese any quality and any red sauce .. What can I tell you ?.. The place is clean , they are nice people . There are few choices here so.. Think of it as fuel and try them .. The kids won't know. The price is decent as well Bon appetite !