All reviews employee named recommend this hotel rooms are clean indoor pool great customer service clayton philadelphia
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Stayed here this weekend, 10/6-7. Everything was full all around the area so we couldn't just leave.
Upon entering the room it looked like it had been cleaned but smelled really bad! Then when i opened the sofa bed it had the last guest's sheets. Also leftover food in the fridge. The woman at the front desk was shocked but offered no help, and the other guy wasn't even sympathetic. They did nothing but offer me a bottle of febreeze and some sheets, asked me to bring the dirty ones down! They said it was no-smoking but people sneak in stuff. She said it was so ghetto that i had to change the sheets and apologized.
Nothing but the sheets on the main bed looked clean, for example there was talc powder on the floor and chairs. NASTY!

That is all management problem.

But also, the 'sofa bed' so-called mattress was nothing but a really thin fabric over a set of springs, on a flimsy cot-like pull out, that slanted down toward the headboard and also creaked with every little movement. You could feel every individual spring in there, with very little stuffing at all. No one but a little kid could sleep ok on this thing, and only if they are very tired (mine was). Also very loud for anyone else in the room, with all those creaks. Manager confirmed they are all the same. Probably a $200 piece of furniture. It was horrible.

Nothing in the kitchen, you have to ask for it all, I guess they have a theft problem. Breakfast was cheapo granola bars and baggies of oatmeal. No fruit.

Place looks tired and grubby, with dirt in the corners along the walls and carpets, doors scratched and ugly. The remote was greasy. This was not a pleasant place. The pool is like an oversized bathtub. If everything else felt clean it would be okay, fun, but given the nastiness of the rest of the place I was grossed out by it. If they forget to check the refrigerator who knows the pool, or ??...

Also, because they allow dogs there are people walking dogs everywhere. Unfortunately one inconsiderate dog owner gives everyone a bad name. Some guy in the parking lot at 6 am allowing his dog to bark and bark. Staff should be aware of this, too, and help to avoid it

I've been in plenty of economic hotels with run-down infrastructure that felt clean and comfortable and cared for. This is a low/mid-range hotel that feels rundown and dirty. Like no one cares. No one cares even that they don't care since they seem to get plenty of business. Avoid it! After this experience i would avoid any in the chain - are they all like this, apathetic and grubby?

We were stuck as we booked last minute and events in Philly had put pressure on the whole area. There was no place else to go.

I woke up early to talk to the manager, Stella, on duty until 7 am. She nodded her head without much apology or sympathy and then offered me 40% discount, which brought the price down only to the normal weekday rate. I don't think this covers me having to change someone else's sheets in order to have a place for my family to sleep. Definitely doesn't cover the nastiness. We didn't want to use the shower and kept our flip-flops on the whole time. Entering a poorly cleaned room affects everything, and then not having it taken care of in any way by the hotel staff is actually insulting.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you encountered in your room. We appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention and assure you that corrective measures have been taken. Our team's first priority is making sure that every guest has a comfortable stay, and this time we really missed the mark. We truly regret the inconvenience it caused. We hope you will consider and give us an opportunity to serve you in the near future.
​​​​​​​

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Very easy to check in, account execvutive great to work with. Rooms are always available. Rooms are clean, comfortable. Service is great. Easy on-line check in with our company code. Prive is right. Thanks Ronnie with Extended stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Sherry, thank you for being our guest and taking the time to review your experience at Extended Stay America. It's so nice to know you found your suite comfortable and you were pleased with the exceptional service from our staff. Thanks again for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Hello my name is Steve Anderson and I visit the extended stay America Philadelphia Malvern 8 East Swedesford road all the time. I wanted to highlight the front desk gentleman Clayton. He is an excellent person and great to talk to great customer service and very professional I enjoy talking to him every time I visited this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Steve, thanks for sharing highlights of your recent visit to Extended Stay America. We are thrilled to know everything went great during your stay and that our excellent service made for a memorable experience. Special thanks on behalf of Clayton for highlighting his efforts. Thank you once more for the review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We had our flights cancelled to London after check in. With multiple cancellations pretty much all hotels were full near to central Phili and the airport. This hotel popped up and we managed to book the last three rooms after a real let down at a nearby Hilton (Newtown). The check in was excellent given all the pressure and a clean room was just required. One downside is now nearby restaurants (walking distance as we had no car). A solid clean and well run establishment.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thank you for being our guest at Extended Stay America. We are pleased to know your visit with us was comfortable and that our location was ideal for your needs. It was a pleasure having you here, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I appreciated my stay and having a kitchen with being able to cook and have use of a refrigerator. This saved money on eating out. Also having the double beds in their own rooms, allowed my friend to stay up late and watch her own t.v. while I could go to bed early.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Thanks for the awesome feedback. We are thrilled to know all went great during your stay and that you were satisfied with all that we have to offer. It was a pleasure serving you at Extended Stay America, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.