“Home away from home”

Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Only queen size beds, bathroom cabinets a little worn, but I really enjoyed my stay. We enjoyed the apartment-like setup and it was really nice to have a separate living room and kitchen, and even little things like silverware - all the things you take for granted at home were here. Very nice feeling to come home-away-from-home when on the road.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Stayed here with 3 kids for family vacation......great room...big and clean ....great breakfast. Bb court was nice, played hoops with my kids, nice jacuzziy indoor. Great central spot to tour PA.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I checked in for 2 nights on a business trip. The rooms are clean but the furniture and fixtures are quite old and need refurbishment :( The buffet breakfast was average. Overall I would not rate this place highly, given the daily hotel rate charged was comparable to a higher-end hotel, similar to their Crowne Plaza chain.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank YCP
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I checked into my room late Friday afternoon for a two-night stay visiting family to find that the 'faux' drawers for the bathroom vanity were held on by tape (see picture), not a good start. This gave me cause to give the room I paid for a closer inspection. It was quite run-down and it appeared that there were quite a few 'blemishes' on the walls that were covered up by paint. The baseboards were pretty beat up (see picture) and there were stains on the rug which was also pretty worn (see picture). There were cracks in the shower (see picture) and the front entrance door was showing its' age (see picture). I had been given a low-end, worn-out room in a hotel that was relatively empty. Was it because I booked the room on Expedia and didn't pay full price? Or was it because I'm Spanish with long hair and a goatee? Or are all the rooms like this and cash flow is tight with this particular hotel? I dutifully informed the front desk clerk that my room was sub-standard and suggested he take a look at it. He did and left a message on my room voicemail that they would give me another room of better quality (which tells me they do have better rooms and stuck me with a dump) and would like to speak to me about some sort of 'financial compensation'. By the time a got back to the room that night I was too tired to move my belongings to another room as it was in the 20's and windy. After checking out on Sunday, I left a message with the hotel manager informing her of my tribulations but have yet to hear from her. Other than the quality of my room, service was excellent, the folks very friendly and the complimentary breakfast very nice. Oddly enough, if they could guarantee me a nicer room I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank bertmerc
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We recently rented a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath suite. It included a full size kitchen and a living room area. The hotel also serves a hot breakfast buffet, and is located across the street from Wegmans, an excellent supermarket. While not the most modern decor, it was perfect for our family gathering and very comfortable. The staff was very accommodating. It was a great alternative to a regular hotel, and we will definitely look for other Staybridge suites in our travels.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
0.8 km away
0.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Frazer - Malvern
4.8 km away
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Malvern? Share your experiences!