“A wonderful surprise!”

Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Leola
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Smoked meats, unique flavor combinations, and sweet treats
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We planned a last minute trip to Lancaster and asked a merchant for a good local place to eat and Gracie's was suggested. We were there for lunch but kids were very pleased they serve breakfast all day. The food was beyond fresh and delicious! Wonderful, made to order omelet, delicious soft pretzels, great sour dough bread for a cheese steak sandwich, and an amazing salad with delicious homemade dressing. Very relaxing, pleasant atmosphere. Busy for a Thursday but no wait. Wonderful service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is not a big place so if you are planning a retreat with your extended family, you may want something else. But if you want the best grilled cheese you have ever had - you definitely want to eat here. The service was very good also. They have a number of flavored chips that can come with your sandwich. Very nice sandwich stop.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Probably one of the best small town diners in the country. My wife and I spent two days in Amish country and Gracie's was recommended to us by a friend. We stopped on the first night and when I saw they serve breakfast all day, I was in. We both ordered Gracie's Big Breakfast which was as advertised. There was a ton of food for just $10. Since we were still in town on Friday night we stopped in again. This time I got the pretzel appetizer which I recommend. I then got the crab cakes and a bowl of the soup of the day. The crab cakes were excellent, did I mention I'm from Maryland where crab cakes are a religious experience. The soup of the day was Loaded Bake Potato which should be the soup of everyday. It was hands down the BEST potato soup of any kind I have ever eaten. Did I mention Jim (one of the owners) was our waiter the first night. They love feedback and meeting their guests.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I called ahead to ask if i could reserve a future table for 9 for Sunday brunch and Jim accepted, I then visited Greasy's with my family and spoke to the owner on my request and he totally convinced me not to come with my group because we would have to wait awhile for our food and that he would not take my request of call ahead to reserve our table... like what we already spoke about this, Jim (the owner) totally took back what we already spoke about like NOT COOL.

James L, Owner at Gracie's on West Main, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello,

This is Jim the owner. I apologize your interaction here didn't go as planed but I'd like to find out what exactly happened.
If for no other reason than we don't repeat the mistake.
That being said I'm really confused.
Did you eat here?
You called for a reservation. I gave you one, did come and eat here, what exactly was the problem with the reservation?
When you say I accepted your reservation did you leave a name and number?
Did we call to confirm your reservations?
When did you call for a reservation? If you're calling the day of them we may not take reservations for large parties. We may attempt to fit you in but we have people that make reservations weeks in advance and they would come first.
Did you just do call ahead seating?
We don't accept reservation within 2 hours so if you want a party of 9 at 10:30 and you call at 9:15. I can't guarantee you a table because the restaurant is already full. I already have reservations that are booked and I don't know how long each table is going to take to eat.
For that we do call a head seating.
In that case I put your name on the list and I start trying to find a way to open up a set of tables for you. The different is I can't guarantee the table will be ready when you get to the restaurant but once you and your whole party is there you are moved to the front of the list.
We absolutely take reservation, in fact for a group of 9 we heavily recommend it. As we typically have a 20 min plus wait for any table and a large party can take up to a hour and a half without a reservation during peak brunch hours. If you or anyone would like to make reservation we will certainly take them unless we are already booked a lot of large parties.

Again I'm really not sure what the misunderstanding was but if you'd like to discuss this I would love the feedback and hopefully we come get you to give us another try. My email is graciesonwestmain@gmail.com if you like to contact me.
Thanks
Jim and Gracie

Reviewed 7 October 2018

The Best Small Down Dinning Experience that you will ever have!
The food is just fantastic at a great price. Very Causal.
You got to just love Bacon, but they also offer food for some classifications of vegetarians or non meat eating diets.