“Average food, reasonable prices, nice armosphere”
Review of The Hitching Post

The Hitching Post
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Leesport
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Locally owned and operated, The Hitching Post Restaurant & Bar offers classic American cuisine with a Classy/Casual atmosphere; perfect for a night out with friends, family, or special occasions. Our full service bar offers an extensive wine list and over 55 specialty craft beers and ales. Whether it’s our Happy Hour, daily Chef specials, or the Grand Sunday Brunch Buffet, The Hitching Post offers a little something for everyone! Reservations recommended.
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Food: Average. I enjoyed my chicken piccata and the serving size was enough for two meals. The pasta portion though was a little overdone and stuck together. We visited on a Thursday and two of my friends got the Surf and Turf special which they seemed to enjoy.

Atmosphere: We selected a cozy booth and enjoyed the warm cozy atmosphere on a bitter cold evening.

Service: our server was friendly, checked in on us, and offered refills, etc. no problems there!

Prices: I thought the prices were fair. The surf and turf special on Thursdays is a great deal - $21.99 for a lobster tail and filet.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

We made our first ever stop at The Hitching Post for one of our late lunch / early dinner days. Something we like to do on a weekday when places aren't crowded.
The decor was nice, our waitress was very pleasant and helpful. Service was quick enough for us especially since we aren't in a hurry. We both settled on meatloaf dinners and they were excellent. Each dinner had two slabs of meatloaf so we each took one home for another night. Dinners came with two sides.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

This place is definitely one of our new favorites. We stopped by on our way to Christmas Village. The parking lot looked packed, but we never had to wait for a table. Our server, Alice, recommended we start with martinis and the spinach-artichoke dip appetizer. Both were so delicious! Our meals were great too. Alice took excellent care of us and kept us laughing the entire evening. We will go back just for her service again, she added something special to our experience other than great food. that is hard to find at other places.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

I was in the area on business and came upon this attractive restaurant in an area barren of other non-chain restaurant and/or appealing options. The restaurant is attractive with the feel of a refined stable/ barn, beams, exposed wood and faux stone. I was just stopping for a small lunch and the menu offered quite enough options. I inquired about the Chilli and was told it is made in house and very popular. I opted out of the bread bowl for the Chili and was served in a ceramic bowl. This was some of the best Chilli I have had in years and if in the area I would go out of my way just for another bowl. The Chilli was quite filling so I packed the breaded Chicken steak sandwich. The place was packed partly because it is one of the only reasonable choices in the area and I am sure also because all their food is good as was the friendly service. It all came off with out a Hitch and I was pleasantly surprised at the good experience.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This was second time we were disappointed at Hitching Post. We gave it a try again last night and I got Veggie spaghetti and it was not the best. Something in it had a bad flavor. My husband had Chicken Parmesan and the sauce was marinara. Sauce was not good to our taste. I guess we ordered the wrong things