“Skip this one”

Panda Garden
Ranked #90 of 130 Restaurants in Lansdale
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

Ordered takeout for 6 people. Hot and Sour soup was the worse we ever had. Bland with thick consistency. Entrees were just fair. There are much better choices in the area for Chinese food.

Reviewed 19 September 2014

This was my first time placing a GrubHub order from this restaurant.
The food was good, however, I live in a very quiet neighborhood with a more mature and family oriented population.
The driver came FLYING in here in a red sports car, windows down and music BLASTING - I barely got the door open 5 inches and he threw the bag of food at me without a word.
I left well over a 20% tip, (online) which I usually do, because I appreciate the effort of someone making the effort to deliver a meal for me...even if it IS their job! I thanked him anyway, basically for being rude and inconsiderate.
I will think twice before ordering from this establishment again. I usually am greeted with a friendly face, a smile, a "Thank you" - and "Have a nice day." - Kindness DOES make a difference!!
This is the FIRST negative review I have ever written. That should speak for itself.

JK

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I've been here many many times and I love this place. Great family own restaurant.

But let's not kid ourselves, this is a takeout restaurant. Now don't get me wrong, I've dined in many times and even had a birthday lunch here. Their service is great but with just one couple working the front is a bit hard when they have to deliver takeout as well. If you're unlucky and they are slammed with orders, then service will suffer.

The food is delicious. Always hot and packed full—Unlike many other restaurants. Always fresh and will make any changes to suit your taste.

Price? Very reasonable, no doubt.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I've never in my life had fried rice from a Chinese restaurant that looked quite so yellow. Bright yellow. No vegetable and tasteless rice. I could make it better. Waste of money.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

When you walk in...welcome to every other strip mall Chinese place with fairly run down booths and tired asian decore out of a flea market.

The place is fairly small and seems like the vast majority of their business must be takeout.

Prices are well inline and more than reasonable for comparable fare around town.

I start off with my usual...General Tso Chicken. (If you love Chinese food the fact I love General Tso Chicken probably says something... I grew up and like Americanized Chinese food...the real authentic stuff is not necessarily what I want or like in my every day Chinese resturant. That being said this is a typical strip mall Chinese place and seems to serve Americanized Chinese.)

The chicken was over fried and the pieces of chicken were on the smaller side. It was also evident that they drenched the chicken in whatever batter or flour and then just dumped in the deep fat fry as the chicken all stuck together in a big ball. This is very typical of Chinese resturants in my experience and the chicken was not so badly done that a good sauce will not make up for this lack of cooking technique.

This is the case here...the sauce was fairly pretty good if on the sweet side (had some kind of maple syrup taste which was a little different). It was lacking the heat but was still tasty if (as I mentioned) a tad different from the typical sauce.

Their Hot and Sour soup was just average. It was too chunky for my tastes. It had a fairly strong vinegar taste to it also.

Shrimp Fried rice was average or below as well. This looked and tasted like they scooped some white rice from the big white rice cooker. Threw in a laddle of oil. Scooped in some veggies and some very small shrimp (the petite kind with the veins and everything else present) cracked an egg and threw on a little soy sauce and done. The whole thing didn't come together. Just tasted like an oily white rice mess.

So if you want some quick Chinese take out at a reasonable price and this place is convenient then by all means spend a few bucks to figure out which dishes are to your tastes here. They have been in the area a good long time so there must be enough dishes people like to keep them going.

Everyone needs a few close inexpensive restaurants to just grab something when you don't feel like cooking and this place fits that bill.