“Only if you’re in the area”
Review of Park Place Diner

Park Place Diner
Ranked #30 of 130 Restaurants in Lansdale
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I had a pastrami sandwich today and was not offered Swiss cheese but did have the option for fries or soup. The vegetable soup was excellent and the pastrami sandwich was ok but not stuffed with meat, just average amount. I waited about ten minutes before being acknowledged with the blame being put on the fact I was put in the corner out of sight. Service was ok, food ok and prices ok but nothing special. Not like some of the other Greek diners I’ve been in. In others I would be taking home half of the sandwich.

Plenty of parking and very close to Merck and Company.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were running through on our way to Philly and found this diner. Breakfast was wonderful. The waffles were so fluffy and delicious. Good variety, plus they serve up good size portions. The service was a super quick too.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Under new management, but must have no experience in food industry!!! Was ‘just ok’ under former ownership, now it’s ‘just strange’. My husband ordered fried shrimp which was to come with one vegetable of choice. He ordered fries. The waitress said that wasn't a vegetable and he would have to pay for them as a side for $2.79. His choice of a vegetable was corn or string beans!!! Whoever heard of fried shrimp with just corn!!! Then he ordered the soup which was part of the dinner. He ordered onion and again, he would have to pay $4.95 for that because 2 other options were being offered for free with the dinner!! Most places would just charge the $1.00 upgrade to switch to onion! My dinner ... crab ... was awful and the dinner rolls had a chemical taste to them! I left most of my dinner. Plus, the wait between courses was ridiculous! The waitress at least apologized for that saying that the kitchen got held up!!! There were only about 5 tables with people in them!!! Even living close by could not sway me to eat there again!!!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

A friend of mine and I went to Park Place Diner on 1/5/18 for a mid-day meal. Hours after eating there, I started to develop a headache and when my wife informed me that dinner would be ready soon, I declined because the idea of food was enough to make me nauseous. Throughout the night, I had to go to the bathroom many times, not a wonderful experience!

Under normal circumstances, I would just say that I had caught a bug, but after talking to my friend the next day, he said he had the same symptoms. I had let him have two of my turkey sausage links at our mid-day meal. Thus, I think that was the culprit.

Needless to say, I won't be going there again! It's too bad because the staff was very pleasant.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

The title pretty much sums it up. Went there for dinner last evening. My wife had breakfast for dinner and I had meatloaf. All the food was decent, but the service was lacking. Very inattentive, young and inexperienced servers.