“Our go to restaraunt for special occations”
Review of Loft Restaurant

Loft Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 614 Restaurants in Lancaster
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Classic Lancaster Restaurant. Great Prime Rib on weekends as well as a nice selection of other things. They always have oysters when in season both raw and Rockefeller.
I've had fish selections and their lamb chops. Great soups too!
Great staff! Many greet us by name.

1  Thank TDNotreDame

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hostess dismissed my request for a Manhattan, telling me my server would take my order. Sine the Hostess is also the bartender, I was mystified.
The food was not memorable. Cross this off our list. Plenty of other great places in Lancaster now.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

As a Lancaster county native who comes back to visit family, I am kicking myself for not having eaten here before. This evening I ate there for the first time with my aunt and son. We had all had a wonderful meal! My son and I split the escargot and my aunt had the soup of the day, a broth-base salmon chowder. Both were outstanding. Then came a large house salad included with the entree that was as appealing to the eye as it was to the mouth. There were three dressings in a little carousel on the table--blue cheese, ranch, and Dijon mustard vinaigrette--all house-made. They were delicious. My aunt and I each ordered the shrimp and scallop linguine--the sauce was fabulous--very subtle with sherry and perhaps roasted garlic. It came with a ramekin of shaved high-quality a Parmesan and lemon on the side. The seafood was cooked to perfection. My son had a special--sea bass with shrimp wine sauce. The good-sized filet was topped with at least a dozen small shrimp in a lovely white sauce. Finally we got to dessert: a chocolate and a vanilla creme brûlée with a side of whipped cream! The chocolate was like a mousse with a caramelized sugar topping. The vanilla was good but the sugar had been charred a bit. In addition to the excellence of the food, the service was impeccable! I can't remember when I have had service that good--attentive but not over-bearing, helpful (she suggested mixing the vinaigrette with either of the two other dressing--yum!), she made sure the silverware was complete for each course: it was clear she cared about the customers' experience. Great job, Kirsten!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Chose to eat here before a performance at the Fulton Theater because of the very good reviews. The atmosphere was nice and our waitress was very good. I was a little annoyed with the hostess when our reservations from 3 days earlier could not get us one of the four open booths, but we did have a nice table. I had the Veal Oscar and my wife had the Salmon. Veal Oscar: 1) veal a bit overcooked, 2) crab meat plentiful, but low grade and lacking flavor (we live at the head of the Chesapeake and know good crab), and 3) covered with a MUCH too strong, mustardy sauce - I had to scrape it off to be able to eat it - the first time I can ever remember having to do such a thing. My wife's salmon was overcooked and a bit dry. Finished with me having a nice cup of coffee and my wife having an excellent creme brulee.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Don't forget the Loft for lunch! Just might be the best bargain in town!

You can choose from so many things burgers, soft shell crabs, soups, salmon, sandwiches and my favorite, the scallops. The lunch was light and perfect with lovely sides such as veggie or potato of the day also comes with a salad or soup. His mushroom soup is wonderful.

A dark cozy place in the evening, during the day light floods in. For a very special lunch, quiet, relaxing, and delicious come here.