1,087 results
All reviews tobacco warehouse turn down service exposed brick john jeffries wine cooler covered parking boutique hotel original art farm to table red rose hardwood floors breakfast burrito slow elevator franklin marshall beautiful hotel jacuzzi tub close to downtown
Reviewed 30 May 2018

The room was lovely, the bed comfortable, and the staff fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I especially liked the bathroom with stone floor in the shower. Each night I found a rose and a chocolate on my pillow. All of the small touches added to the pleasant experience.

Room Tip: The hotel is a block away from a main drag, so it is quiet and peaceful, yet close to everything you need in town.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Darcy S, General Manager at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Hello Ellen M,
Thank you for your lovely review, and of course for staying with us!
We would love to host you again, maybe in a different room type, all the rooms are uniquely designed and decorated.

Hal Yudof Director of Operations

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here. Room was small, not enough soap, room was not cleaned until we asked for it, and the breakfast was not very good. Generic food, hard boiled eggs, cheap yogurt, bagels not so good. For 179$ a night we expected more. Also room faced driveway/road and I had to get ear plugs as I couldn’t sleep with all the traffic. A long walk to center of Lancaster but we did not mind.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robynb0119

Dear robynb0119,
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay.
I will definitely let our Director of Room styling know about your room not being serviced until you requested it.
I am sorry our breakfast was not to your liking. we have made some changes to the menu recently. Hopefully you'll get the opportunity to try them.
Please feel free to reach out to me the next time you get to stay, so we can ensure the wonderful "unique boutique" experience, we try to provide all our Guests.
sincerely,

Reviewed 7 May 2018

This is just the coolest hotel. Beautiful on the outside and inside, super clean, wonderfully decorated, and if you're an artist you'll love it even more! Sketchbooks in the room, art for sale all through the hotel, super-friendly staff. The furniture is funky and modern, bed is comfortable. The suite was definitely worth the money. Old hardwood floors and exposed brick, it's all just amazing. I've traveled all over and have never stayed in a hotel quite like this one.

Room Tip: Artists, you'll love this one.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank haledust
Darcy S, General Manager at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear haledust,
Thank you so much for staying with us as well as for your glowing review!
We are all about Inspiring our Guests, and your review leaves us Inspired.
Hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back shortly.
Our rooms are all unique from each other, so each stay can lead to a different experience.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I frequent this property and find it to be consistently excellent in all respects. Check in is easy, the rooms are unique, elegant and comfortable. The restaurant is probably the best in town. The bartenders are world class, and I mean that. The food is sourced well and prepared Brilliantly.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Hello,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for providing feedback from your most recent stay.
Without patting ourselves on the back too much, I will say that we love the "Unique Boutique" Hotel experience we provide for our Guests. and having our neighbors John J. Jeffries share the building with us, is definitely an added bonus.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

To say this hotel is only cozy or only eclectic, or only unique, would be to misstate its character, because it’s all of these things.

The hotel is housed in what looks like a much older building in Lancaster about a mile from Franklin & Marshall College. From the moment you enter the lobby to checking out your guest room, you will notice how unique this hotel is - with an eclectic collection of furniture, accents and extras downstairs and in your room.

The guest rooms were very well furnished, large but revealing what appeared as the original brick and mortar of the building. Great look, and very cozy.

Downstairs the hotel houses a very nice restaurant that features local fares and daily beef and seafood specials. A bit pricey but worth the cost.

As you can imagine, the staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating - even allowing me use of a YMCA (caddy-corner) pass after I had checked out but before I had to depart.

I would stay here again if in Lancaster.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear DHER1 (That may be slightly redundant),
Thank you very much for your stay and for your review!
You are correct in that our property has been beautifully re-purposed. Originally built as a tobacco warehouse in 1881, and remaining so until around the end of World war II, we now house Guests instead of Tobacco Leaves. (Though there are still nods to our past throughout the Lobby and other areas.)
John J. Jeffries is a great partner in Hospitality with us and as you said, their menu is terrific!
Hopefully you will get a chance to return soon, as each of our rooms offers a unique experience.
Thank you again.