“Kinda bland”

Ranked #396 of 651 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Plaza Mexico Restaurant features authentic and diverse Mexican cuisine.
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Food was very bland and greasy. Quality of ingredients sub par. But we were hungry enough that it was OK but wouldn't have to go back. Servers were nice. The flan was very disappointing. It was served with a chocolate sauce! Yuck!

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Definitely average,,,,,salsa way too sweet, chips kinda greasy, but good. average unauthentic Mexican food, definitely don't stop here for the atmosphere, but food is not bad, and price is pretty good for what you get. Did find some foreign piece of food floating in my water glass, so can't say much good for the cleanliness, but that's a chance you take eating out anywhere IMO.

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This is my third visit and I can't get enough. So far I've had their chicken mole and the carne esada . All dishes hand made with quality ingredients . The chips and salsa are also handmade. My only critique is give a basket of chips with a meal ( they charge$2). Absolutely delicioso!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I love Latin food. Not 7 layer burritos but authentic stuff, and the food here is definitely the real stuff, the chicken adobo I had was fabulous. The decor is nice, the place is clean, and nice location. The drawback is that it is wrongly labeled. If I want authentic Latin there are plenty of cheap dives in Lancaster to get my fix. This is supposed to be Mexican. To most Americans (like the ones I was with when I ate here), a Mexican restaurant means free chips and salsa, lively music, and cheap lunches like "Speedy Gonzales" with tacos and sour cream and stuff. Instead, there were no chips and salsa (what??), and no classical texmex cuisine for my gringo friends. No five dollar lunch combos. So, I give Plaza Mexico 4 stars for slightly overpriced but good Latin food, 2 stars for a non-performing Mexican restaurant -- which leaves me with a final review of 3 stars for a 'tweener restaurant that can't quite figure out who they are.

Date of visit: April 2014
1  Thank spicycouple22
Reviewed 9 December 2013

After a hearty day of shopping in Lancaster we wanted to fill up with healthy food. We had already tried the Amish area delights and so we wanted to try some one of the many local Mexican restaurants. We came upon this little place located in a little plaza. The attentive waitress and chef were both chatting away in Mexican and even the big screen TV in the dining room was hosting a Mexican station. It was the food that was delightful. My husband and I both tried different dishes and they were equally delicious and well proportioned. We were quite pleased to have happened upon this place. The two drawbacks were it is not licensed for alcohol and it was a bit chilly in the dining room. The menu is large and the prices are very budget friendly. When in Lancaster give it a try.

Date of visit: November 2013