“Great lunch at the bar! ”
Review of Loxley's

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 30
Description: The first thing you notice when pulling in the entrance of the Heritage Hotel parking lot is the incredibly unique addition to this Lancaster landmark. To call it a deck or a patio doesn't do this two-story structure justice. Imagine dining in the most impressive tree house ever built. The open layout and the use of the natural environment give a feeling of submersion in nature, a theme that is consistent throughout Loxley's. The inside of the restaurant is unlike anything that has ever been seen in Central Pennsylvania. The massive bar is encrusted with arrowheads and surrounds a tree growing through the center of the room. Ambient lighting on the natural wood walls adds to the feeling of natural splendor. It is the epitome of the dining "experience", mixing Heritage Hill's well-known culinary expertise and exceptional service with ambiance that will leave everyone amazed.
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

A business friend took me for lunch and we sat at the bar. Unique rustic setting and big round bar with about 50 draft beers, great bartender and a Great burger. Really great burger! Would come back again!

Date of visit: October 2018
LoxleyMGR, General Manager at Loxley's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

Good morning Christopher C. Thank you for choosing Loxleys. Its great to hear that you enjoyed our burgers and our bartender. I will pass on your comment to our culinary team and bar staff. I hope next time we can provide a little better service and get that 5 bubble review instead. If there is any other feedback you can provide it would be much appreciated. Thanks again. John

Reviewed 20 September 2018

After reading all the rave reviews, I thought this would be the perfect place to celebrate a family birthday.

The welcome was awkward, with no hostess and two employees attempting to welcome and seat us. We were warned we'd have no server for 10 minutes, but one of them got us waters and took a drink order. It was at least 10 minutes until we met our server; another ten or more until she came to the table to serve.

The rest, in a nutshell, was off and on service, attempted/fake friendliness, rudeness, and lack of interest on the part of our server, no rolls and butter as waaaaiitted, cold food delivered to half our party of eight, and just mediocre flavor. : (

And now two of us have a stomachache!

The atmosphere was intriguing but I don't know if I'll give it another try.

Date of visit: September 2018
LoxleyMGR, General Manager at Loxley's, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Good Morning FamilyJourney2014. I am sorry to hear about your poor experience at Loxleys. I would like to take the time to talk to you more about your visit and would like you to give us another try. This is by far not the level of service that we provide at Loxleys and is very important for me to address. If you could call me at 717.898.2431 EXT. 2113. My name is John McCarthy. General Manager. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Lots of different options on the menu. I was with a group of 8 ladies with varied tastes and it accommodated everyone! It offered everything from salads/sandwiches/flatbreads to a variety of entrees. There was a nice wine list and a very extensive beer list to choose from. The Robin Hood theme was quaint. The restaurant was very large with many private parties going on. Several options of where to dine, both inside and out. There is also an upstairs bar with a "tree house" feel. Servers were very helpful. One tip is that the entrees were mostly ala carte. They did not come with salads and they even charged for a roll or bread. We were staying at the Heritage Hotel and it was very convenient to have this dining option right at the hotel, we enjoyed eating here 2 nights in a row!

1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped at Loxley’s for lunch on a Saturday. The restaurant and patio location was very nice, however the food was some what less than appetizing. I ordered a chick sandwich which came out as a hamburger. The table next to us also had the wrong plate delivered to their table. The waitress told them that the kitchen misread the order. My wife’s ribs tasted funny and the fries were dry. The only good side was the house chips.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

We had a snack and a few drinks here while staying overnight in the main hotel, a wedding reception was going on at the same time, but the staff coped well with it all, neat restaurant style with a good menu, bar area is average size of from the main eating area and could do with some tlc.

Date of visit: August 2018