“Best of Lancaster’s Foodie Scene”

Callaloo Trinidadian Kitchen
Ranked #40 of 628 Restaurants in Lancaster
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I am a local of Lancaster, PA, which has become quite a foodie town. The addition of Callaloo Trinidadian Kitchen’s unique faire has made perfect sense in a community that embraces a cultural variety of cuisine. It’s my go-to spot for dinner with local friends or to bring guests from out of town! Try the “buss-up-shut” or any of their fabulous specials. Just be sure you make a reservation!

1  Thank crousermolly

Reviewed 14 February 2018

First time here. Food was very good and service excellent. Cuisine is a great change of pace from all other Lancaster restaurants. Could we do this every week, no, but if you are tired of your current restaurant routine, give Callaloo a try. You will enjoy it.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

A friend and I went here with her parents while visiting, and all 4 of us were blown away! Each dish was so flavorful and I tasted something new in every bite. I have never had such unique and authentic cuisine. The portions were huge (we took about half our food home) and the wait staff was extremely friendly. Keep in mind it’s BYOB, so grab a bottle of wine before you head over. I wish I lived here so I could go every weekend!

1  Thank Diana G
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We tried Callaloo at the suggestion of a coworker, and we’re glad we did! I’ve never been to Trinidad, but am familiar with Caribbean food so was excited to try it. We started with doubles - they were so large they could have been a meal alone! I got the curried shrimp and fish and thought it was good. We ended up going again a few weeks later with another couple, and I tried the chef’s special that night and it was good. It’s BYO as well, so makes for a great, affordable night out!

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Cassava fries were amazing... actually everything we had was amazing. Portion sizes are very generous. The flavors and combinations of food were a real treat. It's one of those restaurants where I will crave the food and want to go back many times. So excited to have discovered this little gem.