“Worse service in Lancaster county”
Review of Huckleberry's

Huckleberry's
Ranked #17 of 618 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

My husband, daughter, granddaughter and I decided to eat at Huckleberry’s tonight before having to meet someone 1 1/2 hours later. We thought that would be plenty of time. We couldn’t have been more wrong. There were other diners who actually got to order & eat a meal in about an hour’s time that were seated near us. Our drinks took about half an hour to arrive. We were promised rolls that only appeared an hour later & only 3 for our table of 4. After an hour our waitress told us that our meals would be out in 4 minutes. It took 10-15 minutes & when the meals came we asked for boxes & the check because we had to meet someone & were already late. She said they would box them in the back & the manager would come to talk to us. The manager went everywhere but our table. She avoided us completely. After another 10 minutes the boxed meals appeared & we discovered the order wasn’t even right. We paid & left. I will avoid this restaurant just like the manager avoided us. We had a similar experience a few years ago so stopped going there until this past year. The first 2 times we went this year was ok but tonight couldn’t have been worse. We are done for good. They can’t seem to have reliable service or food. There are many good places that I would recommend to eat in Lancaster county. This place is not one of them.

1  Thank Lisa M G

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I had the cinnamon swirled French toast that was absolutely delicious with the citrus butter. My husband's omelette was good too. Good coffee!

2  Thank gardening lover
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Visited for dinner. Waited in the doorway for about 5 minutes. Was told that we would be seated shortly and we could see several empty tables. Finally was told it would be just a little longer and we asked why. We were then seated and ignored for about 10 minutes. Finally the waitress came to our table and stated that they had a personnel issue but that we would now be taken care of. Our order was taken and the food arrived promptly. Three in our party had the chicken pot pie and said it was good but could have used more chicken. Two of us had the pot roast and it was amazing. If you over look the personnel problem with the wait staff I can recommend the restaurant.

2  Thank Francis K
Reviewed 10 November 2017

If you prefer something a little more upscale with a good selection of local food then have lunch or dinner at Huckleberry's. Great service with food that is tasty and plentiful with a good variety to choose from.

1  Thank Monica F
Reviewed 1 November 2017

My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Huckleberry's. The food was excellent and the server did a wonderful job. We had the Chicken Pot Pie and the Grilled Meatloaf and both dishes were great. We also recommend the Chicken Corn Soup. I highly recommend this restaurant even if you are not staying on the steamboat.

2  Thank Chuck K