2,765 results
All reviews honest phil ice skating breakfast in bed get away our honeymoon breakfast and dinner gift shop champagne tower garden of eden apple bubble bath mini golf newlywed game year anniversary speed boat romantic getaway bring your own forever lovers
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Been going here for years. The physical property is definitely tired but you can see some superficial attempts at upgrades. Reason we kept going back was the quality of the customer service of the employees. Apparently all good things must come to an end. During this past visit some of the LOWLIGHTS were 45 minute wait for our breakfast after ordering. Felt as though we were a burden to our Saturday night waiter who was too busy talking with friends.
Place will really be in trouble when Dennis the waiter leaves.

Entertainers were outstanding. However CXO was awful. Sure do miss Honest Phil.
Scheduled activities were minimal at best.

Food was hit or miss.
Steak very good
Lobster way over cooked
Salad bar great on Saturday, horrendous on Sunday
Desserts were terrible.

Bottom line. Not sure if we will return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dgouldd
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

We are sorry to read your recent stay was not enjoyable as it has been in previous stays. We apologize for the long wait at breakfast and the lackluster service you received. We will share your feedback with the Resort Manager to address these issues immediately.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

After few years planning a romantic getaway, the planet aligned: my wife and I booked a weekend at Cove Haven Resort, to stay in their Cove Harbor room.
Although the staff was very friendly and assistive, we couldn't stay. The smell of mold was horrible. From 209 we went to 235, which was even worse. They offered another rooms but the bad smell was pervasive, affecting every unit we visited. Four rooms down the road, we told them we couldn't stay (my wife is very allergic, specially to mold). They fully refunded us and then we came to Scranton, PA to stay at the Lackawanna Station Hotel for less than a third of daily rate, in a much better room.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank w2stabenow
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

We are disappointed to read we were unable to provide you with an enjoyable experience during your recent visit to our resort. We are looking into the issue you mentioned in those suites and apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I booked a 2 night stay at Cove Haven to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. I spent upwards of $700 for a glorified super 8 motel. The owners of this resort are criminals and practicing false advertising and fraud at every corner. I’ll start with the room, which was outdated but at least it was somewhat clean. Upon entering my heart sank because I paid $215 dollars to get the “suite seduction” package (rose petals, bubble bath, candles, chocolates and 2 champagne glasses) and what I got was 99 cent store garbage. I spent another $16 to get the “balloon bouquet” which was 3 deflated latex balloons. I felt robbed and it set a very disappointed mood. The rest of the place was outdated and run down and the food was more of the same. The breakfast was a standard continental buffet that you could get at any $80 a night motel. The dinner was not edible. Entertainment was a pool table and an arcade where 2 of the 6 games worked. I ended up shelling out more money at Spooners cafe so I wouldn’t starve for some subpar overpriced bar food. When I checked out I got my $200 refunded for the 99 cent gift bundle they advertised as a “suite seduction package” and when I tried to get a hold of a manager he “wasn’t in the office.” The line at check out was full of people complaining for more or less the same reason. I wouldn’t stay another night here if they paid me. My boyfriend and I made the best of our time together - we spent most of it in our room watching atrocious cable tv cuz that’s all they had. If you’re looking to spend $1,000 I know better senior citizen centers you could go to for free. This resort is scamming hard working people out of their money and should be shut down. I filed an attorney general complaint and I’m still waiting on a call back from this mysterious manager who never seems to be around when I call. It’s disheartening that I came here to make someone I love feel special and we both left feeling robbed and disappointed. One star is generous for this dump advertising as a “luxurious couples resort.”

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Sc1592
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We are from St. Louis MO and have been going to this resort for the past five years and have seen changes happening. This last visit we stayed from October 20-22 and stayed in an Apple which is one of our favorite rooms. So I am going to start with our positive experience during this visit.
Food- Friday was the International buffet which had a wide variety of tasty food and great deserts. The breakfast buffet is fantastic and if you want something that is not on the buffet you can always ask for what you would like, I usually get eggs over easy. We always ask for Chris because he always makes eating a fun experience. Saturday was Rare Catch, I had the steak and lobster or you can just get the steak. The steak was delicious and served with baked potato and green beans. Spooner's has great wings and nachos, which we enjoyed Sunday while watching football.
Spooner's- We checked out on Sunday and stayed to watch football at Spooner's. Joe was the bartender for the day and was fantastic. He took care of us with our drinks, food and entertained us with some cool card tricks. Guest are welcomed to stay after they check out so we had an open tab during the different football games. Joe made sure that his guest were able to watch games they wanted to watch and had the different games on each tv. Joe thanks for making our last day so much fun.
Landscaping- The ground are looking much better with new lights located on the sidewalks, benches, new bushes, trees, and fall decorations
Entertainment- They had a great band Saturday night with an awesome comic RC Smith. He even had my husband laughing.
Now for the negative side for things
Food- Rare Catch night, my lobster tail was very hard to get out of the shell, someone at the table even thought it was zapped in the microwave! I had to use my fingers to get it out of the shell and I thought it was going to end up flying out of the shell and hit my husband in the face. We also had a really long wait for our dinner after it was ordered. We were seated around 6:50 pm and we did not leave the dining room until after 8:00. We were very surprised they were still seating guest after 8:00. Breakfast time has also changed. It now ends at 10:30 instead of 11:00 and before if guest arrived before 11:00 they could enjoy breakfast before checking in to their room. That has stopped.
Daily Activities- The Hot Spot gives couples daily activities for the day. Saturday we went to play bingo and it said at Spooner's but it was at Champagne Palace. Also during Saturday there were only 2 scheduled activities plus and a hypnotist, which he was very entertaining. Sunday we were excited to see more activities but the CXO was sick so the resort canceled the days activities, thankfully Joe kept us entertained at the bar in Spooner's. There were many unhappy guest at Spooner's that day. We understand that Honest Phil is no longer with the resort and those will be some big shoes to fill, but they need to have at least 3 CXO's on staff so activities will not be canceled. They also offer drinks of the day and Sunday's was Pumpkin Spice White Russian, but the resort did not have all the ingredients. So our bartender changed it to another drink. Also thank you for running the Bud Light drink special during all the football games.
Time changes- Before after all the entertainment was done at the Champagne Palace Nightclub guest would go to Spooner's because it was open until 1:00 am. Now everything is closed by midnight. Saturday night Spooner's starting getting more guest at 11:00 pm and everyone was enjoying the DJ, drinks, food and playing pool. I did not know how they were going to get everyone out of there in an hour because the party was just beginning.
The Cove Haven App-during our stay we tried to use the app. While checking the activities on the app, mine had the correct date of October 20, our friends had the date of October 17th, then the next day her app had the correct date but mine still had the 20th. So we just stopped using the app, because we had to update it each time we tried to use it for the day.
Room- When we opened the door there was a strange smell, I sure it is because all the moisture in the room due to the pool and heart shape tub because water does spill out of the tub if you do not watch what you are doing. Our lamps did not work and we found out they were unplugged. We had mold spots by the lights above the sinks in the bathroom, and the fan in the bathroom to use for heat was caked with dust. The bed was extremely soft with stains on the sheets. There were also spots all over the carpet. This was the first time I really felt the rooms were dirty. We spend a lot on money on these rooms and should have clean rooms. In our friends room the refrigerator was replaced with a smaller size which are in the cheaper rooms. If a guest had asthma or allergies they would have difficulty staying in the room.
Photos- During dinner the photographer comes around to each table to take photos of each couple. In the past he has taken a few of each couple, this time he took one and moved on to the next couple. During past visits we have always picked out a few photos to buy, this year we did not get any and we even had the coupon for a free photo.
In conclusion, over the years we have meet some great couples that we still keep in touch with and we would come back each year to meet and enjoy the weekend together. It takes a lot of planning for us to get to the resort because we have to fly to one destination, catch a another flight and rent a car. We thought about returning in the summer because we still have 2 free night to use, but after this stay we will probably give up our free nights to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank rea63
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

We are very disappointed to red you were not satisfied with your recent stay and will share your feedback with the Resort Manager. These issues are far from typical of an experience at our resort and we're dedicated to addressing them immediately. We apologize for the inconveniences and hope this doesn't deter you from returning to our resorts.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We knew that this place was outdated before we went however, does that mean that it shouldn't be clean? Very disappointed that this place hasn't been kept up. There were cob webs on the ceiling, rips on the couch and lamp shade, and you could see the stains in the carpet ... disgusting I never took off shoes or socks. We stayed in the champagne tower suite .. it was nice having a pool but the upstairs was so hot that we had to request a fan to get a good night sleep. It's one thing to need updates but not being clean either made it a total disappointment. It's a shame because of the pretty area that it is in but we would never waste the money ever again on this place. Still ended up spending too much money on drinks since their all inclusive was just breakfast and dinner what a joke. The service at dinner was sub par, I waited 25 minutes for a diet soda and after waiting another 25 minutes for ice cream from the kitchen we decided to cut our loses and leave. When we ventured to the 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub it was disgusting. There was not a soul in the pool area and after roaming around we quickly found out why. One of the hot tubs wasn't even working and the all the sides and bottoms being stained and moldy looking, very unappealing. Needless to say we wish that we would have never booked at this hotel. Overall disappointment with the room not being fully clean to our satisfaction.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ab1135

We're very sorry to read you felt your suite was not cleaned properly. This is not typical of an experience at our resort, as we clean our suites daily. However, it sounds like we missed some areas in your suite, as well as failing to live up to the standards to which we hold ourselves with service in the dining room. We are sharing your feedback with the Dining Room Manager and apologize for the inconveniences you dealt with. We'd like to learn more about this experience- please consider sending us your primary contact information to poconoromance@covepoconoresorts.com and we will have a manager reach out to you.