“Downhill fast...Disgusting Room”
Review of Cove Haven Resort

Cove Haven Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I chose Cove Haven to celebrate our wedding anniversary and for part of our stay I wished we chose somewhere else to go! This was our second time coming to Cove Haven having visited 2 years ago, we stayed in the Garden of Eden Apple and truly enjoyed our first time. We love the summer paddle boats and enjoying the weather walking the grounds on our first visit.

This visit did not live up to the first, hence the title- this place is going down. There was litter in the parking lots, leaky air conditioning units all over the property, not the type of experience one would expect with the price tag on this place.

We booked the Cove Fantasy which looked wonderful on the website pictures and we wanted to try a different type of room with an indoor pool. What an absolute DUMP of a room. Please see my pictures - the entry door was rusted over and disgusting, I didn't even want to touch it...there was a black unknown substance in the air conditioning unit which made us not even want to turn it on. The furniture is EXTREMELY DATED and to top it off, we found a used band aid discarded next to the pool, which looked like the area had not been mopped or wiped down in years...this room was DISGUSTING!

We promptly called the main desk and complained about the condition of the room. They were prompt in securing us another room, but it would not be available until the next day. They sent someone to clean the area and to clean the pool but by this time I barely wanted to sit down, it was so gross. The room was supposed to be non-smoking but there were cigarette holes in the couch and ottoman which looked like they had been in the room since the 70s...

The mattress on the bed was hard and felt old...the ceiling of the bed that held the sky lights was constructed cheaply, we could see the wood underneath and not all the lights were operable.

We will NEVER STAY IN THE COVE FANTASY again. We felt as though management were dismissive of our complaints and really didn't care about our poor experience. I actually showed a manager the pictures of the room and he was dismissive- how can you not address this nastiness! This was a definite let down. Our learnings were to only stay in the Garden of Eden Apple suites from now on...but even that had its issues - my husband picked up about 20 dead ants in the pool area so there goes the romance...

Not happy with Cove Haven, not going back and never staying in Cove Fantasy rooms.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank BeingHappy2day
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

We're sorry to read you were dissatisfied with your experience and will review your feedback with our management team to discuss how we can improve upon the inconveniences you dealt with.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We have been coming to this place for over 30 years, and in the last 10 years, the value of this resort has been going down.
1. The amazing dinner they used to serve, is now a cheap buffet not worth $10
2. Cleanliness is missing; rooms are dirty and the facilities are falling a part- billiards tables are torn and filthy.
3. Customer service is really bad...
On my 35th anniversary, I inturrupted our summer vacation to come to cove haven, as we did in the past on our special occasions. As a member of their worthless for ever lover club, I usually get a room upgrade. The lady behind the desk said the didn't have any rooms!
I told my wife, she didn't believe that, and went online an found all kinds of rooms available right now!
When I confronted the receptionist, she changed the excuse and blamed it on the fact that we didn't book directly with them!
I told her it's our 35th anniversary, and she can do the right thing and give us an upgraded room... she refused...
I told her, I would be stupid if I ever came back to such an establishment again..
To add insult to injury, they admitted us into the room at 4:00 pm.
Ps. They don't know that I own a company with over 6000 associates and that I am now a university professor who influences so many people...
Oh.. did I mention the hundreds of family members?
Stay tuned, they will go out of business soon... just like " mount airy lodge" which also treated people badly, and went out of business for over 20 years. Now it is under new management as a casino...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ibtihaj1

We're sorry to read your experience was inconvenient and will share your feedback with the resort manager. This is not typical of an experience at our resort.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Drove 5 hours got there and turned around the room was old smelled bad was nothing like the pictures.
Will highly recommend staying away from cove haven!!!
Gross awful place.
I would never stay there and I'm not fussy.
Thankfully groupon refund my money but even if they didn't I still would not stay there.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank heidcamp
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Mr Hypno puts on an incredible show! It was refreshing, clean, appropriate, hysterical fun.
He hypnotized my husband, Tom (who was a dis-believer!) I only wish the show was caught on tape-so my husband can see the show!
I give it 5 stars!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Mr. Hypno is popular around the resorts for his blend of comedy and hypnosis. We have several great entertainers and we're happy he could provide you with fun memories during an amazing stay. We hope to see you back here soon for more romantic fun (and another hypno session)!

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

There was a power outage during our stay. We had to wait several hours and there was no compensation for our inconvenience. Our room was as expected. However, it smelled like marijuana. As soon as we notified the front desk they changed our room within minutes to a much better room. The place was nice and we enjoyed our stay. My only complaint was not being compensated for hours without power. Not even a complimentary beverage. Everything else was exactly what you'd expect. A bit cheesey but that's exactly what we were there for.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maries0212
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

We apologize about the power outage- unfortunately, sometimes the course of nature may affect things at the resorts and we try to work quickly to provide accommodations if possible. We're also sorry that a prior guest left your suite smelling less than fresh- we are working on ways to improve upon guests who break our no-smoking policies to discourage this to ensure the suites always feel their freshest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
37.3 km away
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
15.7 km away
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!