My husband and I chose Cove Haven to celebrate our wedding anniversary and for part of our stay I wished we chose somewhere else to go! This was our second time coming to Cove Haven having visited 2 years ago, we stayed in the Garden of Eden Apple and truly enjoyed our first time. We love the summer paddle boats and enjoying the weather walking the grounds on our first visit.
This visit did not live up to the first, hence the title- this place is going down. There was litter in the parking lots, leaky air conditioning units all over the property, not the type of experience one would expect with the price tag on this place.
We booked the Cove Fantasy which looked wonderful on the website pictures and we wanted to try a different type of room with an indoor pool. What an absolute DUMP of a room. Please see my pictures - the entry door was rusted over and disgusting, I didn't even want to touch it...there was a black unknown substance in the air conditioning unit which made us not even want to turn it on. The furniture is EXTREMELY DATED and to top it off, we found a used band aid discarded next to the pool, which looked like the area had not been mopped or wiped down in years...this room was DISGUSTING!
We promptly called the main desk and complained about the condition of the room. They were prompt in securing us another room, but it would not be available until the next day. They sent someone to clean the area and to clean the pool but by this time I barely wanted to sit down, it was so gross. The room was supposed to be non-smoking but there were cigarette holes in the couch and ottoman which looked like they had been in the room since the 70s...
The mattress on the bed was hard and felt old...the ceiling of the bed that held the sky lights was constructed cheaply, we could see the wood underneath and not all the lights were operable.
We will NEVER STAY IN THE COVE FANTASY again. We felt as though management were dismissive of our complaints and really didn't care about our poor experience. I actually showed a manager the pictures of the room and he was dismissive- how can you not address this nastiness! This was a definite let down. Our learnings were to only stay in the Garden of Eden Apple suites from now on...but even that had its issues - my husband picked up about 20 dead ants in the pool area so there goes the romance...
Not happy with Cove Haven, not going back and never staying in Cove Fantasy rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cove Haven Resort is a romantic Poconos all-suite hotel. Many of our guest rooms feature whirlpools, saunas, fireplaces, and/or round king-size beds. Tennis, racquetball, and watersports are available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cove Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Haven Hotel Lakeville
- Caesars Poconos
- Caesars Cove Haven Poconos Lakeville