All reviews free breakfast the ground floor jack frost split chlorine rock
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We stopped here for a 1 night stay in between race days at the Pocono Raceway. Upon arrival there was only one guy at the check-in counter. There were people ahead of me and another behind me just to get checked in. After a very long, hot day at the race track standing in line was the last thing we wanted to do. The room was alright. Aside from the clean sheets & towels I'm not sure if the room was cleaned very well as we found an open container of dip in the refrigerator, an open bag of cheese balls in the dresser drawer and a brownie on the floor! Yuck! The bathroom was clean but there were no cups or glasses to use when brushing teeth or if you needed to take some medication. The faucet on the shower was so loose I was afraid it was going to come out of the wall. There is a restaurant/bar on site however we couldn't find any menu in the room or online and there were no reviews about it online. We did not get to use the pool which looked nice and big. Hotel needs some much needed updating.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Attended a family reunion with friends. Most activities were at Split Rock. The whole experience was very enjoyable. Free breakfast was an added treat. The bar/restaurant was convenient on a rainy night.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yvette W
sam p, Manager at Pocono Resort Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

So we booked a weekend trip to the Poconos for my husband I and decided to stay here at the Poconos Resort andConference room. At first glance you can tell that it needs upgrading badly but if you can by pass that, which im glad we did, we found ourselves with very friendly staff who were very eager to help us! Our room was 231 and probably the best sleep I've had in a while. The bed was so comfortable and the walls are thick so our sleep was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast is an actual continental breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausages, toast, bagels or English muffins, cereal, fruit, coffee and juice. As for the pool area, so reviews state that kids got sick from the chlorine, well I dont know about that but I can tell you that the pool area, although it could use updating, was clean, warm and pretty fun. The staff supplies towels and it is near the restrooms and the ground floor for any smokers that want to have a break. What was really nice was that the staff let's you be but yet are ready and willing to help to make you stay great. If you are looking for up scale and modern, this may not be your scene but if you are looking for a quaint place, with a friendly staff who truly want to help this is it....give it a shot. I'm glad we did! By the way..my husband lost his wallet here and he didnt realize it until we were in Philly , he called the hotel and they had someone not only check the room but when we got back there, someone had gone above and beyond and even jumped into the dumpster to check out the trash from the fb loor we were on just in case it fell into the trash. The wallet was turned in by someone so they had it up front! Honest too!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank beckypz
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Poconos Resort and Conference Center is not a good idea to vacation with your family, the pool is very hot and chlorine made my daughter super sick. The cleanliness in the installation is not good, breakfast is good and the lady in charge has an amazing attention with customers, she is very polite and helpful, for the price per night that the hotel offers is not bad, but there is no activities and to do things you have to always go out. Remember for the price you pay per night, do not expect cleaning and activities inside the facilities. It is only useful to sleep.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sightsee188760
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Pros:

Rooms are good
Big rooms with amenities like microwave.
Staff is really Nice except pantry staff.
Pool is good
Outside area is awesome
Ample parking
Decent restaurant & Bar

Cons
1. Bathroom fixtures were broken
2. Pantry staff was rude - she has even objection on why I am taking a couple of HOT WATER to my room for my baby. Her version was you can consume here, but cant take the water to room. Mind it I was not taking milk/ coffee etc. just plain water.
3. Breakfast are is HORRIBLE. Its the worst managed- very poor selection of breakfast with too less number of counters as compared to number of guests. Typical wait time in queue is 20-30 minutes. this definitely needs improvement. I went at 9 am and waited for queue to be subdued, which never happened and they shutdown the breakfast area at 10, while many people were in queue. However, it was reopened after argument with some guests.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family