All reviews longwood suite longwood gardens sitting room front porch each morning other guests local attractions b and b fresh fruit nice visit we loved our stay breakfast was delicious both mornings within walking distance short drive would definitely stay here again three nights
Reviewed 5 May 2018

I just want to say that the Inn looked very lovely from the outside. The front porch was beautiful and had a relaxing jibe to it. It looked very well kept, but they never picked up the phone or even called me days later. I left a voicemail. I wonder if I would have liked staying here had I gotten in. I hope that they just missed my call and are not ignoring the dilemma I was in. My car broke down a block away and I had a four hour wait for a tow. They did not follow up so far. Note to Innkeepers: If you are out of town you should still check your voicemail. If you ignored my needs, I don't know what to say.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are away from road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2018

This is a lovely B&B in Kennett Square and the innkeeper is very nice and helpful. It is in walking distance of downtown Kennett Square, but there isn't much in the downtown area, but there some good restaurants which was our reason for walking around. Most people come to the area for its proximity to Longwood Gardens and other Brandywine Valley attractions; however, if you want to get away for a couple of days to just slow down, this is a great place. There is a common area outside the bedrooms with a table and plenty of board games to choose from. Also a great place for afternoon snacks or just reading and taking it slow.
We had a large breakfast (fruit and french toast) which was very good and more than enough to get us through the morning. Since we were the only ones in the B&B that day, we had a nice table for two in front of the fireplace (a nice addition on a cold morning). There was a larger communal table for when the house is full. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is our second time staying at Kennett House B&B. Innkeeper continues to deliver consistent, friendly service. This time we stayed in the Delaware Room. It offers a private bath with shower, as well as a small sitting room. Firm, memory foam mattress, multiple lighting options and daily room clean service. There is a shared refrigerator in a common area that is stocked with water, but great to store your favorite beverage as well. Dry snacks available 24/7, along with reading materials. Breakfast is FANTASTIC! Innkeeper will prepare according to any food restrictions and presents beautifully . . . served in courses. There are multiple boutique shops, galleries and a variety of restaurants (also a drugstore for any forgotten items) within walking distance. Short drive to several antique stores and malls, and of course Longwood Gardens.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2018

8 of us (4 couples) took over the Kennett House for a couple of nights. The place looks grand and imposing on the outside. But inside, it is grand and cozy. Beautifully decorated with a few sitting areas to hang out and read up about the local attractions. Perfect location since it is just a couple of blocks from the heart of Kennett Square. The breakfast was yummy. Thank you, Gilja.

Room Tip: Note: the Brandywine's bathroom is adjacent to the room, and not directly accessible from the room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2017

We stayed at Kenneth square during the Christmas lights at longwood gardens and it was only a couple of miles away. Older inn, well kept and walking distance to restaurants. Inn keeper was pleasant, she stuck to business and not interested in small talk. Room was small but clean with a small sitting room with television and bed had very thick padding that took awhile yo get used to. A curtain separating the bedroom from sitting room would have been nice. Breakfast was tasty and inn keepers choice. We had 3 thick pieces of Italian bread for pancakes and 2 sausage links, 1 small cup of tea and 1 small orange juice. I don't like sausages and bacon was not a choice so I went to give to my husband but plate was taken away before I could. Overall good place to stay close to longwood and restaurants but hospitality could use a little work which is why I gave 4 stars.

Room Tip: Delaware room quieter
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple