“Lunch at The Reef Terrigal”
Review of Reef Restaurant

Reef Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Terrigal
Price range: US$17 - US$39
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The combination of one of the Central Coast’s most scenic locations, market-fresh food, friendly service and relaxed atmosphere makes the Reef Restaurant your ultimate dining experience. Our dedicated team is committed to serving you consistent and creative dishes in a relaxed and pleasurable setting. Our chefs visit the Sydney markets on a daily basis to source new produce for the menu and these relationships ensures that all of our produce is market fresh and of the highest quality.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We recently had lunch at The Reef Restaurant in Terrigal. We were very impressed with the delicious food, fabulous venue and efficient staff. We spent our time watching the surf and people playing on the beach and in the water while being fed an outstanding variety of wonderful food by friendly staff as part of a degustation lunch menu. For anyone who would love to indulge themselves or family with a very special treat then I can highly recommend this restaurant! A fabulous experience!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Love visiting here. Food is always amazing. Great choices. Menu changes with season. Best views. BYO wine. Love the ocean breeze.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

To me this place looks like a surf club venue that has been upgraded, but not as well as the prices would attest to . Pleasant waitress showed us to a window table overlooking the beach - very nice . Linen cloth and napkins , a good start , cutlery on the table was vert old style, heavy and not balanced - main meal knives and forks for the entre's.
Bread , none or butter unless you order it , again coming back to the costs I was surprised. Entre order of scallops $27 for 3 with a non type of sauce and 4 small cheery tomatoes - nice and plum but not much flavour - Main Wild caught Baramundi served on a bed of an overcooked mushroom , eggplant and what I think was a round of zuchini Oh and half a swede interposed with a very limp and totally tasteless baby octopus - fish was a frozen beforehand as it ended like mush - it cost I think $45+ - underwellmingy My wife had the well cooked duck which she loved . Their bread platter with honey butter (too much for me) with good olives , balsamic vinegar and olive oil was good , very nice bread
at $14 to $17 for desert was beyond us at this stage
Wines - very good range with pricing again around the 150% markup - we have a bottle of the Gibson Pinot Gri $54
Toilets - like a surf club they are downstairs and in keeping with a bar / bistro building
not in keeping with a Restaurant that puts itself up there as a place to go to - probably 10 -12 people in their when we left - staff are also a little undertrained - we finished the bottle early and it was just taken away , not asked if we wanted another one

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Perfect setting overlooking the waterfront, with beach dwellers splashing about or lapping up the sunshine , on a spectacular Saturday afternoon.
Service (with a genuine smile) was great, tipple selection on offer plentiful and the meal salmon for me was exceptional.
Would I return - absolutely, have I been before - yes.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We absolutely love Reef restaurant! We have dined here many times over many years and not once have disappointed. This restaurant ticks every box as far as my husband & I are concerned. 5 star food, 5 star view, beautiful atmosphere, top quality service. The menu is so inspiring to read & it’s actually very hard to narrow down & choose your meal! The prices are excellent for the taste & experience you receive.

Well done Reef! Keep up the awesome work, we are locals and you are leaps & bounds ahead of many other restaurants that are lacking.

Can’t wait to come back again!

Date of visit: March 2018