All reviews drying room breakfast and dinner alpine view public areas base bar ski lift main chairlift course dinner night skiing room was spacious central location fine dining kids club excellent location would stay again bar area school holidays
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Located right near station 8 chairlift, this accom is convenient. There is a coffee shop, luggage room and ski lockers for guests. Staff were very friendly and helpful, however room service was not so good, we needed to ask for milk and toilet paper. Despite budget (pretty pricey) mountain rooms receiving daily servicing this did not occur. Towels weren't changed during our four nights.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2018

To echo other reviews, the location was the best feature. It is a very short walk to the Perisher Center, which has the rental shop and ski school/DiscoveryCenter for kids. For small kids and dealing with snow gear etc., this was key for us.

The room was functional, and a good place to sleep, but didn't have any bells or whistles. A kids channel on the TV would have been nice.

Breakfast food was average. Dinner was quite tasty and very much exceeded our expectations. However, you must make a booking and the earliest seating is 6:30pm. This might work for older kids, but is far too late for two toddlers who have had enormously tiring days in ski school and are ready for dinner at 5:00, bed by 6:30. We ended up purchasing additional food at the Base bar before it closed (at around 500) for dinner so the kids could get to sleep.

The staff was overall friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We had our first experience in this hotel. We stayed a week. It was a big choice, but, in the end the location won out against a pool that was further away.

OK, So we had two rooms that are 'budget'. These rooms are places for sleeping. They are not a suite. It just fits the two single (not king single beds) and you can hear the drone of the snow guns. It's constant so you ignore it after a few minutes. The rooms are neat and tidy and warm. Functional is a fair word. The beds are fine to sleep on. The picture layout is fair as a reflection. People called them dungeons or cells.

The location is the best on mountain, particularly with kids. They can come and go as needs and you can see them during the day. Night skiing is very accessible and the kids love it and just ski into the hotel.

The bar is great, though beware of the spirit pricing. Food was really very good. Actually, we ate there breakfast, lunch and dinner except one day where we went to Snowgums and the food was better at the Manor.

There is an upstairs common area for the kids, games are available behind the desk. Staff do warm with time of stay.

This is not the Man, nor the PVH, though the food was equal to one, and not far behind the other. The kids club does not operate all the time, and budget rooms do not get the access to the movie system.

In summary, we got used to the rooms. The rest was all upside. So sleep in the rooms and go see the mountains. Enjoy a beer, wine, or whisky in the evening. Its a 7 star location, with 4 star food, with 2.5 star rooms making the 3 star rating bang on in our book.

Biggest hint for people coming here. Make sure you book your first meal time before you come to the mountains else you risk eating at 8pm.

Yes, we would stay again. Big thanks to Emily and Dakota.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We booked online and everything was great. We have stayed here before and find it is the best value for on snow accommodation. Great friendly staff, awesome location on the front valley. No parking at perisher overnight but easy to jump on the tube from Bullock Flats and a short walk over the bridge to the hotel. Breakfast and dinner included makes it possible to get a full day from first runs to last every day.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Y5832QAdeborahp
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Over $1000/night for the worst hotel experience of my life.

THE PROPERTY

'Ski in ski out' seems to be the only marketable feature for Perisher Manor. The hotel is located between the two main chairlifts which is amazing! Opening up the windows to see freshly groomed tracks is a great way to start the day. Location aside, upon entry to the hotel the lobby is clean and comfortable, but as soon as you open the fire doors to venture down the hallway to your room, reality sets in. The hallway carpets are water stained and stink. I can't imagine they have ever been replaced. We stayed in an Alpine View room. The room was spacious enough, but realistically it would be a stretch to call this 3 star standard. The windows are very hard to open, a seemingly simple fix with some WD-40. The shower only has one glass sliding door which the manager advised me was 'meant to be that way for those rooms'. This must be a new shower design I am yet to hear about. Not a fan of water spraying all over the bathroom floor. The walls are paper thin, so if you're a light sleeper I would recommend ear plugs.

THE RESTAURANT

Daily buffet breakfast and a 3 course dinner are included in the room rates. Overall the dinner options were pretty good, and the food was delicious. The breakfast on the other hand, was poor. Undercooked bacon, over cooked eggs, very underwhelming for the price.

THE STAFF

Overall the staff were ok. Not great, not terrible, OKAY. We were treated quite rudely by some of the bar staff each night of our stay. One night after questioning a $5 charge for half a can of coke (from the bar tap) I was told by a female bartender 'welcome to the mountains, hun'. Well, I've worked and lived in the mountains, Hun, and it's not a global standard. The restaurant staff were nice enough, but any request seemed like an effort. And no, the rates do not include service with a smile. I thought everyone was meant to be happier in the mountains?

THE WIFI

Advertised as 'wireless internet throughout the property' we were unable to connect at all in our room. When I asked management about the issue I was advised that it is ADSL 2 and 100 people could be connected at once. Simple solution, don't advertise wifi throughout the property. I tested this theory in the lobby at midday on Sunday. After everyone had checked out, and the remaining guests probably taking advantage of the fresh snow, I connected to the wifi in the lobby. But still was a very slow connection and I was kicked off the network every 5-10 minutes.

Overall this stay has not only turned me off Perisher Manor, it has turned me off Perisher valley. Friendly, polite people are few and far between. Delusions of grandeur seem contagious here. There are other ski in ski out properties who deserve your business.

In my job I deal with hundreds of hotels weekly, this is the most overpriced, overhyped property I have encountered. 2 stars is generous. Avoid at all costs

Date of stay: August 2017