“Nothing to see here”

Screaming Emu
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Really nothing special. Worst Caesar Salad ever! But the service was pretty non-existent! The place seemed to be waiting for a group booking - despite my group numbering more than 6. The music was quite annoying also - perhaps a clue as to the name of the restaurant.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

My hubby ordered the crusted barramundi tht was ment to crusted, well it was more like a packet of breadcrumbs poured on it, once scrapped crumbs off it was eatable.. Me on other hand had the squid and prawns with fried rice, my meal come out not cooked sent back and got raw prawns did not tast squid at that time third time it came back prawns were cooked but squid raw, my meal was bitter and not eaten. If I didn't laugh I would have cried..never ever again will we go back..oh the waitress asked if I want to see the chef, I said yes but guess who didn't face us..we didn't get charged for my meal though ..

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Even though its not set on any main streets, the restaurant is easy to find with easy parking. The menu is simple and non complicated with the usual choices of seafood, chicken, beef. The restaurant also caters for vegetarians and children have their own menu.
Firstly the staff. Warm, welcoming, always smiling, eager to assist and never far away. They should be commended for their service. The wine list is small although you can get wines by the glass, bottle, 1/2 litre and 1 litre.
The coconut prawns with satay sauce were delicious as were the fish cakes for entrees. The chicken with chorizo and tomato salsa was also delicious.
Save room for the dessert though. Chocolate self saucing pudding, heaven in a ramekin, and the cheese cake are to die for!
Worth the visit!

1  Thank BigMacca0_0
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I love the ambience of this restaurant, and the meals are all to die for! Definitely a must!! I went there when the previous owners had it as well, and loved it then. So I am glad that it has re-opened and I was not disappointed by anything in our dining experience, all perfect! Great for all occasions too!

Reviewed 20 January 2013

We are from Washington State, USA. This restaurant was a breath of fresh air! There were 7 of us dining and not a disappointing entree was had by anyone! Sooooooo yummy. From fresh seafood to steak and topped off by self-saucing dessert. Holy-cow it was delicious; you need to eat here!!

1  Thank BetsyP198