“CLOSED”

Screaming Emu
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This restaurant has now closed. Hopefully someone else will open up another dining option because it is a great location...in the meantime, go to Tuscany Wood Fired Restaurant (and NO, I'm not related to them!) for a great dining experience.

There are newer reviews for Screaming Emu

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Its a shame the people who have reviewed this place before have had such bad experiences. I have been a number of times and its now one of my favourite places to go in town. The first experience I had was a little shaky, but considering they were new owners we decided to give them another go, and it was almost unrecognisable the second time and following times around. The staff are friendly, but not over crowding, they watch the tables to see if we need attending to, but leave us to our conversation, and the food is amazing. On a regular basis the chef comes out and speaks to patrons just to make sure their food was as good as he had hoped it would be which I find it an awesome touch. The atmosphere is fun and comfortable, almost pub style, without the annoying sound of poker machines and boozy drunks. Seriously recommend trying this place again to anyone!

1  Thank travelgypsy01
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I arrived with a group of friends. When I got there we originally had drinks served but after that we were ignored by staff and had to order drinks from the bar. I order a simple dish of Nachos and it took one hour for meals to be served. The place was small and overcroweded with extra furniture.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Menu looked pretty interesting.
Waiter was pretty grouchy.
Food took about an hour to come out for a lunch meal.
The Food was disgusting.
Two of our party got sick after.

1  Thank Sweetness1001
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Nowra needs something new and different in restaurants but it is such a shame this isn't it. Twice we have been here and it didn't get much better with the second visit. The place is meant to be a sports bar however going there for a meal only has been a poor experience for us. The inside has many TV screens and cheerful red and white plastic tablecloths. We sat inside the first time and found the screens distracting and annoying. The second time we sat outside, however it is the main thoroughfare for the entry and exit. This became almost an OH&S issue when staff were trying to deliver food/drinks outside and patrons were standing in the doorway waiting to be seated. The menu has adequate variety with some tex mex style meals and ribs, but a lot of the meals/entree are the same ingredients just arranged differently on the plate. The staff are courteous but confused, inexperienced and seem like they want to be somewhere else. Our dirty entree dishes stayed on the table too long and our meal was slow to arrive. Meanwhile we watched a lot of takeaway walk out the door while we waited. No cutlery was offered and one of our group had to wait a while at the bar to be served to ask for cutlery. The food we ordered did not match the description on the menu and it was almost cold. Some of our meals were meant to have shredded beef but it was more like mince (which I can have at home)as well as other differences/absences. There is no wine list, it is just a guessing game. All the wine is the same price you just choose the type you want. I had a glass of wine and it was not to my liking. I would have preferred to have a choice of brands or take my own. They had no dessert early on a Saturday night and it was explained to us that it was their last day of trading for the week and they had run out! The bill was the only thing that was delivered promptly and it was cheap. But you get what you pay for. If you go there with no expectation of good service or style then you may be satisfied. We had to go elsewhere for dessert and coffee afterwards. Dislike.

3  Thank eaglereach184