“Delicious”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely view to enjoy a lovely meal. The only disappointment was the set seatings, we wanted a 6:30pm seating but was booked out 4 days before hand so had to take a 5:30pm seat or 8:30pm seat. Having allocated seating times doesn’t always work. Apart from that, I think this is my new favourite.

2  Thank moznique
Write a ReviewReviews (1,313)

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The ultimate bar in the bay with ultimate water views. Tapas style sharing plates of salt and pepper squid, sliders, hummus and many others. Craft beers, lovely wine, friendly service and that view!

Date of visit: February 2018
3  Thank Gerrydecrack
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Looking for a smart casual restaurant in the Newcastle/Stockton to Port Stephens Area for Sunday Lunch we were referred to the Little Beach Boathouse, under the hour from Newcastle and well worth the journey.
What a great venue for a Sunday Lunch with Friends looking out to Tea Gardens over Port Stephens waters.
The menu is predominately seafood with poultry, lamb, pasta, etc. as well.
Our Waiter, Sherwin, was fantastic in talking us through the Menu and Specials, and the Service was amazing.
Highly recommend that you book as the Little Beach Boathouse is very popular, we will return next time in Newcastle/Port Stephens.

Date of visit: February 2018
3  Thank Graham P
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I have eaten in the restaurant upstairs twice and the bar downstairs a few times also. The bar downstairs gets lively in the evening and is a great spot for a pit stop snack and a drink during the day with great views from the deck. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and they have got the casual feel just right where it's not too fancy/snobby and also enough room between tables so you don't feel like a sardine. The service we received from our waiter Sherwin was excellent. He's the man. We ate the special seared tuna starter special - delicious and good portion. The squid ink spaghetti seafood dish is my fave (please never remove this from the menu) the quality of the seafood was tops and cooked perfectly and more seafood than spaghetti. My partner ate the Mahi Mahi special which was also cooked perfectly.

4  Thank heaphycat
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

I was extremely impressed with this place! To me this restaurant is like the Catalina of Nelson Bay.
My husband and I love seafood and decided to order multiple seafood plates in entree sizes to share as a main. The mixed oyster plate was fresh and delicious. The Hervey Bay scallops were perfectly cooked and tasty. Salt and Pepper Squid is always a favourite and was wonderfully tender. But the best dish was the Seaweed Crusted Cured Salmon. If you love salmon then you wont be disappointed by this dish. It was amazing. We loved the variety of cocktails our favourites were the Sea Monster and the Boathouse Mule. For dessert we had the Taste Plate to share which was perfect because we were stuffed. It was divine. The thing that made the experience so wonderful was the customer service. It was excellent. The staff were smiling, helpful and attentive. You never had to wait long for assistance. I absolutely loved this place. I would definitely drive 3hrs from Sydney just to eat here again. I look forward to visiting again soon.

2  Thank Rachel B