“Quick lunch must do”

Red Neds Gourmet Pies
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Nelson Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This Is A Almost A Tourist Attraction In Itself For Port Stephens!
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

I don't usually enjoy a pie but this is the exception. Deliciously lite pastry and tasty filling. So many to choose from!

2  Thank realitychick

Reviewed 12 May 2017

The title of this review says it all really. If you want flavoursome pies that are made with top quality meat and great pastry, go to the local butchers. These beauties are only $5 and come in a number of varieties and can be bought hot or cold. Red Neds pies are passable and so too are their sausage rolls. Staff are friendly and prices are reasonable.

3  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I have lived locally for a few years, and always passed this place with the Ned Kelly figure out the front and through 'that looks a bit strange, but I wonder what their pies are like'; never having made the effort to try them. But now, I'm glad that I have, because it was sensational!

The store itself is not very impressive, but it's charm lies more in the period articles and photographs that line the walls, and or course, in the food. There are dozens of pies in the cabinet, with flavors that you would never have imagined putting in a pie. You have your traditional flavors, and then the more extreme such as green Thai curry or chili crab. We found the pricing to be quite reasonable for the types of fillings that are available. We thoroughly enjoyed our selection, and will now make an effort to go back to this place.

2  Thank StephBielby1958
Reviewed 27 April 2017

If you like pies, you will love this place! So many different varieties its impossible to chose! I had African chicken and my partner had steak and mushroom, both were super tasty!

2  Thank KerryTaylor81
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Red Neds Gourmet Pies: A small place with over 50 variety of pies,Yikes! That's a lot of pies!

Limited seating unfortunately

Had the lamb mint pie,the mint sauce taste over powered the whole pie

My wife's kangaroo pie,she felt it was pretty good

We shared a scallop pie,I think I've been spoilt with those pies in Tasmania because I didn't think much of this one

The Apple pie was the best of what I tasted,sliced apple inside though is a little annoying to eat

Was expecting more from the place,but I would still go back to try something else

3  Thank Roger H