“An enjoyable experience ”

Rick Stein at Bannisters
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Mollymook
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant is a reflection of Rick's passion for seafood and the coastal lifestyle which he has enjoyed for most of his life. As Rick says: "nothing is so exhilarating as fresh fish, simply cooked". He believes that fresh seafood should speak for itself. While he enjoys occasional fine dining, his food is much more about what he really likes to eat: a plate of Clyde River oysters, a pot of Illawarra prawns with mayonnaise, a mound of spanner crab, a slice of blue eye or a perfectly grilled sand whiting. We like our service to be informal but observant and we have a local team who will greet you with a warm, genuine welcome.
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here. The menu is fairly extensive as is the wine list and not unnaturally features many fish/seafood dishes. It’s not cheap. We had the salmon curry and snapper which were both fine. Service a little slow and they could have benefited from another staff member. Nice wines but again pretty expensive.
Great views over the water.

Lola W, Guest Relations Manager at Rick Stein at Bannisters, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you, Jonathan C!

We appreciate your feedback and hope we will see you again.

E feedback@bannisters.com.au

Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I chose to stay in accommodation within the mollymook region whilst visiting Jervis Bay with my parents who were here on holiday from UK for convenience as I’d planned our trip around this restaurant reservation. I was excited, as were my parents, for our meal as I’d had a brilliant previous dining experience and my parents had followed Rick Stein’s career and culinary travels back in the UK. I cannot fault the delicious food that we were served however I wish this level of quality could be reflected in the service. Our table was not yet ready upon arrival so were told to wait with a drink in the nearby pool bar. Once seated we waited again for our drinks and order to be taken, bread came almost simultaneously with the entree’s, courses were extremely slow to arrive, my parents plates were cleared before I’d finished eating so felt rushed, we were served deserts without cutlery, we were often left for lengthy periods without water and were almost charged for an additional main course on our bill. Our table was booked for 6:30 and we weren’t able to leave till gone ten. Disappointed entirely, good food but shame about the poor service.

Hi monsterburger,

Thank you so much for taking time out to review your visit to Rick Stein at Bannisters.

We're so glad the the quality of your meal was so satisfactory. We will be sure to let our hard working team of chefs know this.

With regards to the level of service which you received, this is very concerning to us. We will bring this to the attention of our restaurant manager to ensure that it is addressed with our floor staff. We do conduct regular training sessions, so your feedback will be used constructively.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to return so we can show you the level of service which we aim to provide.

If you would like to discuss your experience any further, please feel free to contact me on the below details.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

This place is everything you expect; good seafood cooked perfectly. Came here to celebrate GF's birthday and left very satisfied. We started with the warm shellfish platter to share and had a revelation that all the mussels I'd eaten up until that point in my life had been overcooked. For mains I had the Steamed whole Snapper which was authentic to its Asian origins. In fact it was a bit of a guilty pleasure digging into a whole snapper by myself when this dish would usually have been enough to share among a family of four. For desert, the self standing Creme Brulee was outstandingly good. Very happy, would definitely come back again. Top tip: arrive an hour before your booking and go to the pool to have a God's G&T.

Martin B,
We're so glad that you enjoyed Rick Stein at Bannisters.

We look forward to looking after you again on your next visit to the coast.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 6 in a restaurant full of couples. We had a really lovely lunch here. Food was excellent and good sizes. I had 2 entrees and we shared 3 desserts. I was so full! Wine list was good by the glass and our waitress was knowledgeable about the menu. I'd return (probably as a couple where we may have more luck getting a table with a view).

Lola W, Guest Relations Manager at Rick Stein at Bannisters, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Rick Stein at Bannisters.

We do have a lot more options for window seats for couples and only a few options for larger tables. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

What we expected from Rick's menu selection, being a keen observer of his cooking odyssey. Fresh vibrant ingredients, good combinations, unpretentious & importantly the seafood is left to be the hero of the dish. Let it speak its character & quality.
Entrees of Grilled scallops with toasted hazelnut & coriander butter.
Coconut Chilli prawns with Cumin Puris. Both finger licking good.
Scallops perfectly cooked!!
Mains: Bombay Salmon Masala Curry, coconut spice paste, tomatoes & tamarind.
& Californian Fish Stew w Snapper, Sword fish, local mussels, squid & Prawn.
Both delicate and well balanced in flavour. The side of broccolini with capers, chervil and Dijon Vinaigrette was the perfect choice. We were lucky enough to get a seat outside facing the view. The white wine of choice was fab! We loved it. The main entrance/Lounge area with bookcase, art, wall tiles etc is a light, colourful & uplifting space. Good vibes, thank you.

Dear DonnaH939,

We're delighted to read you enjoyed your experience at Rick Stein at Bannisters.
I do hope we will see you again soon!