All reviews hot water thick towels photo attached great value for money rooms are spotlessly clean overnight stop one night fantastic views a great stay queen room road trip tea and coffee merimbula lake an upgrade comfy bed air conditioner we've stayed
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Traveling with 2 kids and looking for somewhere later in the day, we walked in and Bill made us feel very welcome, shared local knowledge and directions. Great view from rooms. Clean and comfortable. Good location to get to the boat hut lakeside to do the Merimbula board walk back toward town. All perfect for us!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018

I recently stayed 2 separate nights at Norfolk Pine Motel, on my way to and from the Light to Light Coastal Walk. Bill, the owner, has an excellent manner about him, very calm, approachable, nothing is too hard. The accommodation is comfortable, clean, tidy and there are wonderful sunrise and sunset views. As a bonus, on my first morning, I opened my curtains to find, immediately outside, a kangaroo mother, with joey peering out of her pouch, breakfasting on the grass. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2018

I run a social motorcycling group which hosts tours and day rides, recently we had the absolute pleasure of staying at the Norfolk Pines in stunning Merimbula.

I do my research on hotels / motels as it reflects badly if I get it wrong.

Bill (the Motel manager) is an absolute gem of a bloke, nothing was too much trouble and we even had beers waiting for us in each of our rooms. We booked out the entire motel on our trip and it was like being welcomed home, a beautiful touch to top off a great day of riding our motorcycles.

The rooms are spotlessly clean, have modern appointments, are spacious and have amazing views of the oyster leases and over the town. There are BBQ and ideal socializing areas out the back that are convenient, practical and have incredible views.

The RSL Courtesy bus will come and pick you up and drop you off at the end of the evening.

This place is a great, affordable option for travelers, groups and we will definitely be visiting Bill many times into the future.

Room Tip: room 12 has a great view
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We drove from Melbourne to Merimbula and we were very tired and we came across this gem. Such a great place to stay! We don't have a bad thing to say. Manager was so accommodating, lovely and helpful. The rooms are very homey and are a modern version of a typical "motel". Loving the vintage tiles in the bathroom! Oh and I forgot to mention, the views are PHENOMENAL! Loads of kangaroos too! Five stars! Highly recommended!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Bill B, Owner at Norfolk Pine Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hi Cgoldsmith94, we at the Norfolk Pine Motel Merimbula thank you for choosing our little Gem motel on top of view hill for your stay, what a great review, your review covers a lot of ground about our Gem motel, my staff an I always get great satisfaction that we have made you our guest stay comfortable, clean and relaxing, good calmer always attracts good calmer and you have proven this. Spread the good word, keep safe Bill and staff at the Norfolk Pine Motel Merimbula the place to be and meet.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I called Bill 2 days before our stay, he was super helpful on the phone and that service continued on our arrival. He let us check in early as we needed to attend a funeral in Pambula. Bill recommended a great spot to eat out for families for dinner and shared local knowledge with the chance to see some whales, sadly we didn't get too. Motel room was comfortable, clean and tidy with everything we needed for our overnight stop. Great views from our room and would recommend the Norfolk Pine Motel ..... Thanks Bill your customer service is Top Notch !

Room Tip: Let Bill know your needs & he'll pop you in room that suits best.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

HI MRSCHUCKA, thank you for your hind words both of our little Gem Motel on top of view hill and myself, we at the Norfolk Pine Motel Merimbula take pride in presenting the best stay we can for you our guest, my staff are out standing how they keep our motel in a clean pristine condition, so all can enjoy their stay, they take a pride in their work and the motel as if it was their own, spread the word god bless, see you again soon. Bill and staff at the Norfolk Pine Motel Merimbula the place to be and meet.