“Fresh and Tasty”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2016

I cannot claim to be a Japanese food expert but this place is the best I have tasted (in Australia). The sashimi is delightful and fresh, the sushi is very tasty and there are many other beautiful dishes such as tempura soft shell crab (highly recommended). I consider myself a good eater and I can never finish the sashimi and sushi platter. The servings are generous and the staff efficient. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

The food exceeded my expectations. It was so light and fresh. A lovely meal. Staff and service matched.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Excellent food, a small restaurant so it is advisable to book. There is a good variety of Japanese food with blackboard items added daily.

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

This restaurant in Kiama is my favourite. I love Japanese food so I'm always interested in the menu. The restaurant is a tad cramped but the food is fresh and delicious and the prices are reasonable. There's a lack of traditional meat dishes but the Kai plate is awesome. There's no where I'd rather eat.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

This is a good Japanese restaurant if you are only looking for sushi or sashimi. The food is fresh and well presented but lacked the wow factor as I found the menu rather limited. We dined on a Saturday night over Easter so it was extremely busy, and very noisy. I guess other times would be quieter and offer a more relaxed dining experience. Good restaurant if you are dining with a group and looking at share plates and a casual evening. For couples looking for a romantic or intimate dinner I would suggest somewhere else or not a Saturday night.