We spent 5 nights at this resort, which is on the edge of Byron Bay town in a residential area, but it backs on to a National Park beach, Tallow Beach, which is a ten minute walk through the bush to a fantastic unspoiled stretch of beach, which has great surf, and no lifeguards and is considered a bit dangerous.
We stayed in a "Treetop" apartment which was superb. This overlooked the "bush" leading to the beach and was literally an oasis of peace and quiet. We had a large deck with a hot tub and it was very easy to spend all day there! There a few of these and a number of fairly conventional apartments in a block, which are not quite so good either in size and appearance and location.
The resort has a smallish pool, barbecue area and a pool table, plus one tennis court,
A few points which make up my "BUT"...
They advertise free wifi, which is indeed available, when it feels like letting you in, which was only about 50% of the time. Also, we had a large MPV and it was extremely difficult to maneuver it in the space available. There are no food or drink facilities at all.
We have rarely stayed in a more delightful holiday apartment and would highly recommend the Treetop facilities at this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for families, friends and couples, Oasis Byron Bay accommodation offers fully self-contained, relaxed, family friendly apartments and treetop houses in a tranquil setting bordering the Arakwal National Park in beautiful Byron Bay. Magnificent Tallow Beach is just a 400 metre walk through the National Park while the bustling heart of Byron Bay, where you will find cafes, restaurants and boutique shops, is only a 5 minute drive away.Our wide range of accommodation choices includes Self Contained Holiday Apartments, Treetop Houses, Ibis Beach House and VUE Beach Houses. Set in lush tropical gardens you will enjoy the comfort and uniqueness of The Oasis and our resort style facilities which include; a heated pool, spa, sauna, floodlit tennis court, poolside BBQs, well equipped gym, games room and children's facilities.Enjoy the best of both worlds at The Oasis Byron Bay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Oasis Resort & Treetop Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oasis Resort & Treetop Houses Hotel Byron Bay
- The Oasis Resort And Treetop Houses