“Great Coffee, Friendly Service”
Review of Palate Pleasure

Palate Pleasure
Ranked #50 of 98 Restaurants in Bowral
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Was staying at an expensive local hotel and was shocked by the appalling quality of the breakfast so we made our way into town and found Palate Pleasure just off the main street in Bowral. The breakfast was first class, as was the coffee, service & setting. Went back for lunch the next day and had a lovely healthy chicken salad. Top find!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We used to go to this place all the time, as we loved the coffee. We thought it was a one off that the coffee was only average last time. We went today, however, and the bad coffee was combined with the worst customer service we’ve experienced there. One of the coffee arrived barely luke warm and we we asked to have it heated up - the server took it away, but it never came back! We sat waiting for another fifteen minutes, but nothing happened. When we went to pay, we mentioned only paying for two coffees instead of three, as one never made a reappearance - the man at the cashier didn’t even apologise; he was more indifferent than anything else. We also ordered the fruit toast, which was a soggy mess. The person in our party ended up getting a coffee at The Acre, right nearby and it was FANTASTIC - we’ll be going there next time.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Arrogant staff with no customer service skills set. We couldn't rate the food cause we didn't get that far. The food looked good, the venue looked great but the investment in training staff failed to keep us their. Looking at previous reviews we aren't the only ones. Spend some time investing in your team cause they make or break a business. Not their fault.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I had one of the best breakfasts I’ve had in ages. I had the breakfast bruschetta which was absolutely delicious. The berry sour dough, the perfectly poached eggs, everything was delicious. Generous serving, I couldn’t finish it. Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I had the big breakfast with scrambled eggs and a flat white. The coffee wasn’t amazing, tasted a bit bitter. My mum had Thai fritters and they were flavourless and tasted mostly of wet flour. I can make better scrambled eggs at home. The only good thing on my plate was the bacon and the sausages. It was cold and they didn’t have the heaters on until another patron asked them. I only went there because my usual haunt was closed and I don’t think I’ll go there again.

Date of visit: June 2018