“Fab Sunday lunch”
Review of The Carew Arms

The Carew Arms
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Torpoint
Price range: US$13 - US$42
Description: The Carew Arms is a seasonal, local, field-to-fork pub in the little village of Antony. The kitchen is headed up by Emily Watkins (ex The Fat Duck, Great British Menu winner for the South West and owner of The Kingham Plough) and Jack Clayton (ex The Gurnard's Head). There is also a hybrid community and farm shop, cafe and private dining room.
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Every time we visit Cornwall we have to have Sunday lunch at the Carew Arms, it's just the best! The staff are great and you are well looked after and the food is awesome. I can only vouch for the roast beef for a main course as it's so good I have it every time.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely welcoming pub with farm shop attached!
Came for lunch with friends and enjoyed friendly efficient service.
Two of us enjoyed potted beef to start which was tasty and beautifully presented.
The other two enjoyed seafood mackerel fillets and mussels, both enjoyed their dishes.
Two of us had the roast beef dinner with homemade creamed horseradish, the rest of us had seafood I enjoyed the crab pappardelle and the plaice.
Very nicely presented. The pasta dish could have easily been a little smaller as it was very filling!
Lovely local gin and tonic!! And lovely local Cornish orchards ginger beer!
A very well kept gastro pub!!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This was our second visit, the food was very good, particularly the steak, cooked to perfection. However, I felt the mackerel starter was rather meagre for the price.
The service was not satisfactory, the restaurant was not particularly busy but we had to wait unacceptable lengths of time for drinks and sauces to be brought to us. I requested a glass of wine to accompany my steak, I had to chase this order and had almost finished my meal before it arrived, likewise we were asked if we would like any accompanying sauces and were well into our meals before they arrived. I felt no compulsion at all to leave a tip and when asked, " was that all ok for you? " as I paid, felt it really wouldn't be worth the effort of saying anything other than " yes" I'm not sure the staff would have been interested in my feedback!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Nice décor, an excellent menu and a good choice of wines, beers and cocktails. Had the crab pappardelle and pork tenderloin, both served beautifully and tasted yummy. Lovely and attentive waiting staff made the visit here well worth it.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Booked an early pre supper before going to mount edgecumbe to see outdoors screening of grease !! What a great job the owners have done , tastefully decorated in farrow and ball tones and lovely staff too. We ordered the fish and chips , grilled plaice and a ploughmans . Local ingredients used , fresh fish and a light batter . Good honest food . Nice touch with complimentary soda bread as we waited for our food . Great selection of local wines too. Loved the on site farm shop. Only hitch , parking is a premium . It really was a good start to our evening . Thank you team.