“Made the most of my roast”
Review of The Carew Arms

The Carew Arms
Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in Torpoint
Price range: US$13 - US$42
Description: The Carew Arms is a seasonal, local, field-to-fork pub in the little village of Antony. The kitchen is headed up by Emily Watkins (ex The Fat Duck, Great British Menu winner for the South West and owner of The Kingham Plough) and Jack Clayton (ex The Gurnard's Head). There is also a hybrid community and farm shop, cafe and private dining room.
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

What a great place to come for our family Sunday Lunch. Our party was 4 adults and 2 small kids under 5. We were made to feel very welcome. The kids menu had colouring picture on the back to keep them entertained (the kids that is, not my parents!). My starter of mussels was ace and the mains of Roast beef was delicious. The beef was melt in the mouth.

The kids starters of carrot and cucumber to dip and their mains of roast chicken and fish bites went down well. We had a few different desserts amongst us. My white chocolate custard with burnt sugar and raspberry sorbet was brilliant. The kids brownie and ice cream was a hit. I don't see my parents mega often and we all felt that the meal there, as well as the service, contributed to a great weekend. Thank you. I don't know what the price was like, my old man footed the bill!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Visited The Carew Arms over the weekend with family. Nice atmosphere, food was enjoyed by all. Service was ok but could have been a little more attentive to our drinks. My wife asked for water which only arrived after being chased. Excellent choice of cheeses at the end of meal.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Not a cheap night out but we felt it was good value. Parking was not easy but not sure what else they can do, limited in the area full stop. Lovely service and both waiting staff seemed to be aware of where each table was at and kept on top of things without you being left waiting or being rushed. Food was gorgeous and so fresh too - see pics. I enjoyed a local gin from Saltash and when asked more about it, waitress fetched the bottle, Trevethan and told us more about the company - nothing seemed too much trouble. We would visit again.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Me and my wife have visited the Carew Arms about 6 or 7 times. The food has been consistently good and there is a good selection of quality wines, beers, ciders etc. to accompany the food. Service is excellent and for the quality of food, the value for money is very good. Most of our visits have been with our one-year-old daughter and she has been very well accommodated with high chairs available and the overall relaxed atmosphere.

There is limited parking, but if you're struggling for a space, hunt around the side-roads of the village, you'll soon find a spot to park.

Highly recommended and we'll certainly be back there again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

After visiting the pub on several occasions for social drinks on a Friday evening, I finally had the chance to eat there. Although the food is slightly on the expensive side, the atmosphere and the tasty food certainly made this bearable. Lovely staff and menu, great choice of drinks and wine. I would highly recommend to anyone and I can't wait to go back.