“good lunch in interesting surroundings”

Med Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 163 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2016

A good lunch experience. I had tagine of lamb which was both very filling and very rich. The starter we chose was a variety of olives with bread and olive oil to dip...

Because it is in the temperate dome there was a fair breeze from the ventilation so it meant keeping coats on.... rather more like eating outside especially as there were small birds hopping around .... and a garden growing around us. I would go again.... probably have a pizza next time. :)

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Lovely setting with all the robins singing. Fruit and veg growing all around. Although they messed up the order I have to say the quality of the pizza base was outstanding and the topping was very good. Both my wife and I can't remember eating a better one. £10 per pizza is well worth it.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon the restaurant not knowing it was there, so having eaten earlier we thought we would stop for a small snack. When we first walked onto the floor there was no direction, there was no waitress greeting us at the front desk, they were standing by the cooking area talking until we walked up to the bar and she addressed us! She continued to do this to everyone that walked in wanting to eat. I ordered a small 5" prosciutto pizza only for it to come as a margarita. I then said I ordered the prosciutto so the waiter took it back and the chef simply reheated the margarita with some added ham and cheese slapped on top quite literally! So the pizza came back burnt and pretty inedible! Staff looked uninterested, inattentive and quite careless about any kind of customer experience. For somewhere that looked so promising in terms of food and service it was really dreadful. Would not go back here to eat again, put simply it appeared to be an amateur attempt at Italian cuisine!

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We booked for a 6pm dinner, but as we were hungry arrived at 5.30 as soon as the kitchen was open. Having seen the menu I was really looking forward to eating here, however when my Paella arrived, the portion size was more like a starter. Now I have a small appetite but this would in no way fill a grown man. My partners adult pizza would have adequately fed a 10yr old but again not a grown man. The food was lovely but just not enough of it.

A downside of eating here at the end of the day is that the gift shop at the exit is closed. So as I had decided to leave my purchases till we left I was disappointed that I was not able to do this. A nice touch however, was the little minibus back to the carpark to save us the walk.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

We had no idea this even existed until we got into the biome. What a great surprise! Luckily we had got into Eden early so we were ready for lunch when the Med Terrace opened at 12. They have a good selection at the bar, including local ales _ even some "Eden" ales (bottled). The menu is simple but excellent. We had 2 pizzas - all stonebaked, absolutely delicious, and a sensible portion of the huge paella which can be seen at the open kitchen. The food is great, but the surroundings really make this a fantastic experience - especially when you hear other visitors walking around the paths, "there's a restaurant! Oh I wish we'd gone there!". All in all, if we go back to Eden we will definitely make a bee line for this place!