Open today: 08:30 - 17:30
Review Highlights
Best thing about St Austell

My wife and I took the opportunity to visit St Austell brewery and we really enjoyed it. The tour... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
joehF2359YI
Brewing experience

Having booked a tour for my husband and gone along myself as well in order to drive him home... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Bobginty
Newquay

All reviews hicks bar great tour our tour guide different beers tasting session brewing process small batch beer tasting free samples big job great beer knew his stuff your choice tribute beer bar area well worth a visit real ale
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The tour & tour guide were brilliant. Would definitely recommend!! Will visit again for food! Worth the money!

Date of experience: April 2018
StAustellManagement, Front Office Manager at St Austell Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I have been to the brewery a few times before and enjoyed the tour, tasting and food. My family have visited on and off for over ten years too. And my girlfriend (now fiancée) and I are both big fans of Tribute.
So I thought to myself what a brilliant thing to do would be to propose after a tour of the brewery. Everyone was so accommodating and everything I asked was no trouble. The proposal went better than planned and I got the answer I wanted!
Everyone was so nice as I said before but I'd like to specially thank Will Nash for all his help and contact before and during the visit and Roy and Sarah for the great tour and being with us for the afternoon.
The food and beer afterwards was brilliant as always is.
A day We'll never forget!
Thank you!
Simon and Coral
X

Date of experience: March 2018
StAustellManagement, Front Office Manager at St Austell Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Congratulations on behalf of everyone here at St Austell Brewery! We are so glad that we could be of help to you both and glad you all had such a lovely day. I will pass on your lovely comments to the Will, Roy and Sarah and the rest of the team.
We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is a good place to taste a very good beer, know very much about brewering and buy very nice souvenirs.

1  Thank Luiz F

Thank you so much for your review, we are glad you enjoyed our beer!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

You won't be disappointed with this tour. Not only is it fascinating, but the quality of the gift book given & the free samples were so worth the costs of going in. I'm sure they don't make money on it but doesn't it ever make you want to buy there beers. If you have Roy as your tour guide then you can be assured of a truly fantastic experience.

Date of experience: March 2018

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your recent visit to us. Roy is a fantastic tour guide I will pass on your lovely comment.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

A couple of years ago did the brewery tour but due to time constraints couldn't linger in Hicks Bar so decided to make sure we returned when next in Cornwall. So glad we did. The bar is airy and spacious and tables well spaced. We were greeted by friendly and courteous bar staff. We drank Korev which is a particular favourite of ours. We had the crab sandwich and a daily special of beer battered prawns on tortilla with chips both meals totally delicious. The sandwich was generously filled with wonderfully sweet white crab meat enhanced by lemon mayonnaise, the accompanying salad was fresh and the crisps were really good too. The generous portion of prawns really were jumbo sized and fully covered in lovely crisp batter, and the chips were amazing - I was allowed one to taste test. Both plates cleared with pleasure. The atmosphere very relaxed and we did not feel any pressure that we had to rush even though it was busy. The staff whether serving drinks, food or just passing through were all polite and made us feel very welcome. A thoroughly enjoyable late lunch, and a great leisurely afternoon. A jewel in St Austell. Long may it continue to maintain such high standards. Will definitely make a return visit, sooner rather than later.

Date of experience: March 2018

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are glad you managed to revisit our Hicks Bar and enjoyed your visit!
I'll be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the rest of the team.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.