“Great interactive tour”

St Austell Brewery
Ranked #2 of 51 things to do in St Austell
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the newly refurbished St Austell Brewery Visitor Centre and Hicks Bar. Our Visit England accredited Visitor Centre reveals the secrets behind our award-winning brewing process. Submerge yourself in more than 160 years of brewing excellence and discover the heritage of this proudly independent family brewery. Our Hicks Bar is open 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Saturday serving an all-day menu until 4pm. So, whether you are popping in for a coffee and a cake, a tasty pub meal or just a pint of your favourite beer, we will be happy to satisfy your appetite! And don't forget to pay a visit to the St Austell Brewery shop. With the full range of delicious St Austell bottled and canned beers (including some exclusive beers from our Small Batch Brewery) and branded gifts and clothing plus finest Walter Hicks wines, there's a drink or gift for every occasion. Dogs are welcome in all areas expect the Brewing Experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Came to visit with our 5 and 9 year old boys, thought they may be bored on the tour so we didn’t pay to do this but managed to learn a lot by looking around the exhibition ourselves, it was very interesting and well laid out in a lovely environment. My youngest was given some colouring sheets which kept him entertained.

We enjoyed looking over the production line too and then had a drink in the bar. We had already had lunch but he food did look delicious.

We made some purchases in the shop including personalised labels for our beers which were great.

Great couple of hours enjoyed by the whole family.

StAustellManagement, Front Office Manager at St Austell Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you very much for your 5* review. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your visit to us.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"knew his stuff"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The tour & tour guide were brilliant. Would definitely recommend!! Will visit again for food! Worth the money!

Thank you so much for your kind review.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to the brewery a few times before and enjoyed the tour, tasting and food. My family have visited on and off for over ten years too. And my girlfriend (now fiancée) and I are both big fans of Tribute.
So I thought to myself what a brilliant thing to do would be to propose after a tour of the brewery. Everyone was so accommodating and everything I asked was no trouble. The proposal went better than planned and I got the answer I wanted!
Everyone was so nice as I said before but I'd like to specially thank Will Nash for all his help and contact before and during the visit and Roy and Sarah for the great tour and being with us for the afternoon.
The food and beer afterwards was brilliant as always is.
A day We'll never forget!
Thank you!
Simon and Coral
X

StAustellManagement, Front Office Manager at St Austell Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Congratulations on behalf of everyone here at St Austell Brewery! We are so glad that we could be of help to you both and glad you all had such a lovely day. I will pass on your lovely comments to the Will, Roy and Sarah and the rest of the team.
We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a good place to taste a very good beer, know very much about brewering and buy very nice souvenirs.

1  Thank Luiz F

Thank you so much for your review, we are glad you enjoyed our beer!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

You won't be disappointed with this tour. Not only is it fascinating, but the quality of the gift book given & the free samples were so worth the costs of going in. I'm sure they don't make money on it but doesn't it ever make you want to buy there beers. If you have Roy as your tour guide then you can be assured of a truly fantastic experience.

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your recent visit to us. Roy is a fantastic tour guide I will pass on your lovely comment.