All reviews the pub room was clean shared bathroom enjoyable stay suite toilet wedding
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Good value for money but rooms are quite basic and a bit tired. There is ample car parking and a lovely beer garden. Food is good and staff are very friendly, we arrived a bit early and they were very accommodating to us. Breakfast is also good.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 3 nights! When arrived we arrived a little bit earlier thank check in time, was greated by the lady that runs the pub and she was very friendly and welcoming! She put our bags out of the way and offered us a drink while we waited! Rooms are a bit basic, small but very nice. There was a shower in the room which was a bit small but nice! It was a shared bathroom but the bathroom was lovely and big and also had a bit bath in it. When we went down for dinner, we were informed it was live music that night, having read previous reviews I was prepared for this and had brought ear plugs with me! The foot was absolutely beautiful! Are there twice out of the 3 nights! When it came to breakfast, I'm a bit of a fussy eater, they where more than accommodating for this! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, would give it a 10 out of 10 and will definitely be staying here again!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alana_Bananaa
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Going into the Duke is great. As I grew up round this area, I always see someone I know, and also most times I meet someone new also!
Its got a great beer garden with lots of plants and seating.
There is ample car parking, and they also do a great roast on a Sunday.
All in all, this St Austell pub is a good little boozer, does not try to be anything that it isn't, and is worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I stay here with my partner and 1 year old son recently. The room didn't have a cot for my son to sleep in although we'd booked a family room. The room was awful stains on the walls and ceiling from damp, bed so low was nearly on the floor, mildew all in the shower tray, damp on the walls in bathroom too, overall worst place I've stayed in. For £80 a night terrible. couldn't wait to get out of there and return home. Right outside window of room was traffic lights so noisy all night. No ventilation in room very stuffy with window shut. But needed to keep it closed for my son to be able to sleep.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Due to work I stay in hotels on a regular basis, I have to say this was probably the worst I have experienced, and can not believe how the price is justified. The shower was so filthy dirty that I purchased bleach from asda and cleaned it myself. Then had a cold shower from an electric shower which flashed as low pressure. It did retain the heat for about one minute. I also purchased my own cups to have a tea since those in the room were also filthy and clearly had not been washed. TV did not work, looks like it needed tuning in. Breakfast was available from 8-30, I was on the road at 7-30 so missed out. (I am happy to show pictures of all these issues). New lamp shades, and cushions can not hide the basics, after a 6 hour drive, id preferred to have gone back home

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business